Ask
    cecil wilson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2013, 05:59 PM
    Do I need to put something under my fiberglass tub when I install it
    Are you suppose to put something under a fiberglass tub when you install it
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 22, 2013, 06:41 PM
    Maybe. Depends on the tub. Some are reinforced and do not require bedding and some mandate bedding. Even when a tub does not require or suggest bedding, it is never a bad idea to bed the tub as long as you contact the manufacturer to make sure the bedding you use will not void warranty.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to install a drain in a fiberglass shower [ 1 Answers ]

How to fix the drain when the ring under the drain itself has dry rotted causing leakage?

Grab bar install in fiberglass shower [ 1 Answers ]

I need to install a grab bar in a fiberglass shower. The shower/tub was installed before the drywall, therefore there is no drywall directly behind the fiberglass. There are no studs available anywhere near where bar in needed. How do I attach the grab bar to the fiberglass shower only? One...

Have a fiberglass shower pan that is cracked and want to install a new one. [ 1 Answers ]

I have not taken the tub liner out yet but am having a difficult time removing the drain. Do I tear the liner out first or somehow unscrew the drain. This appears to be a 32 x 48 liner. The walls are tile above the liner.

Replace fiberglass tub and shower unit with steel tub and tile [ 1 Answers ]

Advice for putting in the enaeled steel tub in place of the fiberglass tub and shower unit? Also, from those with experience on getting the fiberglass unit out-Sawsall, etc. Steps you used and where to start sawing first? Thank you, one and all. GJ

Fiberglass Tub Install [ 7 Answers ]

I've been reading up on doing this and see that it is addressed here slightly, with the help of speedball1, I believe. Anyway, we want to do the job right and would like to know if there are specifics on the web on how to put the cement down. Do we frame in under the tub so the cement doesn't...

View more questions Search