Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StopKatieTime Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2013, 09:13 AM
    How do I control how much my battery charges?
    My computer had an awful battery life.I just recently bought a new battery, and the person who helped me said on Windows you could set your computer not to charge to 100%, but to whatever percent you wanted. I can't remember what he said. Any ideas?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2013, 09:16 AM
    Actually that's the first time I've heard that ( I question their actual computer knowledge)... because how your battery charges is a function of the charger/ P/S and the circuitry on the mother board not of the Operating system... otherwise your battery would never charge when the computer was off. And we know that's not true.

Aug 30, 2013, 03:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Actually thats the first time I've heard that ( I question their actual computer knowledge)......because how your battery charges is a function of the charger/ P/S and the circuitry on the mother board not of the Operating system....otherwise your battery would never charge when the computer was off. And we know thats not true.
    Yeah, well I think he has to have a general knowledge of computers given that he works for Sony.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 30, 2013, 04:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by StopKatieTime View Post
    Yeah, well I think he has to have a general knowledge of computers given that he works for Sony.
    And you would think IT guys are experts too... yet I always have to tell them how to fix problems at my office that I'm not allowed to fix myself.

Also... I'm a Degreed Electronic Engineer... I can guarantee you no engineer is working a telephone help desk.

Sep 4, 2013, 02:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    And you would think IT guys are experts too.....yet I always have to tell them how to fix problems at my office that I'm not allowed to fix myself.

Also....I'm a Degreed Electronic Engineer....I can guarantee you no engineer is working a telephone help desk.
    Okay... thanks?
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Sep 6, 2013, 05:48 AM
    With LiIon batteries charging is controlled via the charger and electronics on the batteries. This level of controle keeps the newer batteries from overheating

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My remote control for my ceiling fan stopped working. I replaced the battery [ 2 Answers ]

My remote control for my ceiling fan stopped working. I replaced the battery and its still not working.

How do I get my remote control to work after changing the battery? [ 0 Answers ]

How do I get my harbor breeze remote control to work after I changed the battery? I changed the bulb too. Thanks

Hampton bay remote control battery [ 0 Answers ]

What size battery do I need for a hampton bay remote UC7083T

Remote control battery [ 19 Answers ]

I have a Harbor Breeze fan in a great room that requires a remote. There is an array of three light switches on one wall that control the fan, a large hanging chandler in the foyer and the third switch is not wired. I mounted the remote for the fan about four inches to the left of the array. I...

View more questions Search