Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 22, 2013, 06:53 AM
    Is chocolate your only sugar intake?
    Dark vs light really matters little. It's how much you eat, of it and sugar in general, if we are talking just the sugar part. Sugar goes hand in hand with fats, whether dairy or plant, and that's another part. Chocolate of course is cocoa fat and sugar. If you eat 1 or 2 oz a day, fine.
    Red meats and animal fats are part of this because of cholesterol, which is a factor in BP. You need only 3 or 4 oz of concentrated proteins a day, and many argue that even that is more than enough. If chicken and fish are your main proteins, stay under that amount of oz.
    Exercise keeps the blood circulating, the vessels elastic, the fats burning, and air in your lungs and the exchange of gases for cell health.
    SMOKING is a big part.
    Certain medications - even birth control - may play a part.
    Heredity is the rest.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2013, 09:53 AM
    Great minds think alike cause I say it all the time. :D
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2013, 10:15 AM
    Dark vs light or milk chocolate I would think would vary by brand. For example Hershey's chocolate contains between 4% and 10 % chocolate. Its mostly sugars and other fillers. Whereas Lindt's is 70% chocolate. Caco or cocoa with very little sugar is healthiest in the long run. 5 Reasons Why Dark Chocolate Is Better than Milk Chocolate
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 22, 2013, 11:15 AM
    I should have said that dark vs light matters little in the overall picture. She isn't going to lower her BP with dark chocolate and green tea vs light chocolate and coffee.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hypertension [ 0 Answers ]

I have hypertension and last night my blood pressure bottomed out.I have also been sick for over a week with a bad cold.My daughter had 911 respond when I blacked out.Against their advice I didn't go to the er.What should I do now?

Hypertension [ 5 Answers ]

Does getting an intravenious injection of fluids raise your blood pressure and is it safe when you are already being treated for hypertension?

What is term sounds like baybile hypertension? [ 4 Answers ]

What is the correct term or adjective that sounds like "baybile" hypertension?

Hypertension medicines [ 1 Answers ]

How to control hypertension. What are the medicines and what are the side effects.

Hypertension [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 26 and have had high blood pressure for 11 years. Does anyone know natural cures so I could cut down or eliminate medication. I exercise, eat healthy, don't smoke and am not overweight.

View more questions Search