Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kturner80 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2013, 05:54 PM
    Post surgery pain
    I'm 1.5 weeks post op from abdominal surgery. I have been having chest pain front and back since surgery, and then today I started having pains that have moved from my ankle to my upper thigh and now my left leg is numb? What could be happening, should I go to the hospital?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 21, 2013, 05:57 PM
    Are you walking frequently? Abdominal surgery tends to cause a build up of gas, frequently causing back and chest pain. Walking assists in alleviating this.

However, I am concerned about the pain and numbness in the leg. It is slightly possible you have a clot. Yes, the ER might be a very good idea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need info on pain before surgery [ 1 Answers ]

Need help in pain I'm going in surgery in five days for a hysteroscopic myomectomy to remove fibroids and doc says no pain meds 7 days before surgery except Tylenol, But I'm hurting so so bad please help it hurts in lower back, and below my belly so bad

Pain years after hernia surgery [ 13 Answers ]

I've had hernia repair surgery (inguinal) and now (4 or 5 years later) I am experiencing a lot of pain around that same area. Pain spreads to my thigh, back, and testicle. After intense research (whatever that was worth) I discovered I may have done something to my inguinal ligament, as I have...

Ankle Pain/Surgery [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a 34 y/o F. About 1 year ago I rolled my ankle while wearing high heels and fractured it. I wore a boot for 6 weeks and did physical therapy. But, it felt as if it never healed and was becoming painful with visible swelling. Dr sent me for X-rays and the report stated: IMPRESSION: ...

Surgery for chronic rib pain? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm posting this on behalf of my girlfriend. I'm not sure how many actual doctors are on here, but I appreciate answers from any that are! A few years ago she was involved in an accident that broke/fractured a few of her ribs on both sides. Ever since then she's been having chronic pain in her...

Pain the tongue after one year of cancer surgery [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! My mom had cancer surgery on her tongue in September 2008. She lost half of it. The doctor says she's OK now ,but she still has constant pain . Is there something to help her? She says the pain stops only when she sleeps. Besides, she lost the sensation of her left ear, because the doctor took...

View more questions Search