Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SLacy Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2013, 05:12 PM
    Lennox A/C HSXA15 outside unit not working
    Hello, I've checked the breakers, used a volt meter to confirm voltage to both the unit and the T-stat. Jumped the wires on the T-stat and still am having no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2013, 07:52 PM
    You measured 240 on both sides of the contactor? Contactor closes?

Aug 22, 2013, 03:49 PM
    Is the contractor the first component that the house power runs to?

Aug 22, 2013, 03:58 PM
    If that is the contractor, then there is 240 going in and on the bottom where the leads come out, nothing..
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 22, 2013, 05:15 PM
    Okay, so you have 240 in, but not out. Do you have 24v to the contactor coil (terminals that the t-stat wires hook to?)

Aug 22, 2013, 07:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mygirlsdad77 View Post
    Okay, so you have 240 in, but not out. Do you have 24v to the contactor coil (terminals that the t-stat wires hook to?)
    I'm not sure what you mean. Am I checking on the same contactor as I did to test the incoming power but at a different location on the same contactor? I'm not sure where to check on that one, also, I'm definitely no volt meter expert. Once I find the T-stat connection, will I use both the ground and positive wands to pull a voltage reading?

Aug 22, 2013, 07:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SLacy View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean. Am I checking on the same contactor as I did to test the incoming power but at a different location on the same contactor? I'm not sure where to check on that one, also, I'm definitely no volt meter expert. Once I find the T-stat connection, will I use both the ground and positive wands to pull a voltage reading?
    Also, I had shut off the furnace switch, would that prevent the voltage reading on the contactor?
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 23, 2013, 05:13 PM
    Yes, same contactor, different locations, usually on the sides. You will need the furnace power on with a call for cooling from the t-stat. This sends 24v to the coil on the contacter wich in turn pulls the contacts closed sending the incoming 240v through the contacter to the compressor and condenser fan motor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower in Lennox Unit is not Working after Power Outage [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Lennox A/C unit that was working just fine until last night. There was a storm and we lost power for a couple of seconds. The A/C was working during this time, but whenever the power came back in a couple of seconds, the A/C was not blowing any more. The compressor outside is...

I have a Lennox HS29-030-1p central air unit. Yesterday it stopped working. I went ou [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Lennox HS29-030-1p central air unit. Yesterday it stopped working. I went out and got two fuses from Home Depot. They said I had 20 amp fuses. The unit says it is a 30 amp unit and you can use 30 amp fuses as the max. It came back on with the 20's, but I am now getting no cold air. I tried...

I have a lennox outside a/c unit and a lennox g26 series furnace.Low hum no air/ht [ 4 Answers ]

Lennox Value Series... serial 5896G56798 M/N 10ACB365-5 P Central a/c unit and a Lennox G26 Series gas furnace both about 13 or 14 yrs old. Came home from vacation and turned A/C on (son tried earlier in the week) only a low hum whether on auto or fan or if we try heat(same thing, low hum)......

Outside lennox unit not working [ 1 Answers ]

My air handler is blowing worm air, outside unit fan is not comeing on, I ckecked all breakers,where do I go from here

Lennox a/c unit [ 2 Answers ]

The fan does not turn on my borther in law says it is the circuit board because it will turn on for a little bit he said it is getting stuck. How do I find out what is really wrong with my a/c without paying a lot of money. When I got home yesterday my husband went up the roof and said the fan was...

View more questions Search