Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kdzidic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2013, 04:33 PM
    Small claims court
    When do I have to give the other party a copy that they are being sued in court
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 21, 2013, 05:10 PM
    You don't - the court sends it to them (assuming you correctly provided their address).
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 22, 2013, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    You don't - the court sends it to them (assuming you correctly provided their address).
    Not everywhere. Usually it's the plaintiff's duty to see that the defendant gets served. If you don't do that your suit won't get anywhere.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Small claims court [ 3 Answers ]

My husband is being sued by his EX-mother-in-law for "multiple personal loans" that she claims were made to him and her daughter over the years of their marriage in the amount of $4,200. He has no idea what she is talking about and she refuses to give him any information or details. (see you in...

Friend claims I owe him money and is taking it to small claims court [ 2 Answers ]

I was on holiday with a friend who booked and paid for a trip. When we got home he asked me for the money for this trip. He never told me how much it cost or that he would want me to contribute until afterwards. I have told him that he should have asked first and I wouldn't have gone as I cannot...

Small Claims Court [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how I can take my Step-daughter to Small Claims court in order to retrieve my money. She owes me $8,310 dollars. She signed a contract for part of it. She moved to Florida. In other words she robbed me, What can I do? Does Small Claims Court handle these matters in the county one...

Small Claims Court [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Every One, My question tonight is about suing in small claims court.. Really its more about what am I allowed to sue for.. I entered in to a verbal agreement with a old friend of mine to help him out.. Honestly to help him stay out of jail. He was on house arrest and needed a phone so I...

View more questions Search