Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 22, 2013, 04:30 AM
    You don't stay with someone because you don't want to break their heart. That is mean. Is this your first boyfriend or something? You know you can date a person for a while realize you are not a match and move on. You don't have to fall in love. Let the young man go. I think this is more about you. Be honest and do the right thing .
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Aug 22, 2013, 05:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by anna73 View Post
    i'm 18.i really don't want to break his heart.since it's not a long time we met so...every day i just realize how breakable he is.that's the reason i'm not breaking up with him.i always look at the positive points he has.i like him.is it a mistake to go on and see if i can fall in love with him??!
    now that's the place i'm being honest with myself.
    i'm confused! i'm not selfish..just don't be that cruel..
    Anna, one of the first things I said to you was that you cannot make yourself love someone. You cannot make yourself have the same depth of feelings that he does.

This may sound harsh and cruel to you, but life is sometimes harsh and cruel.

This isn't about hurting him. If it were you would break-up now because everyday you stay with him and lead him to believe you feel the same as he does or tell him you do you are hurting him. Some part of him knows you are essentially playing with his emotions. I know that isn't how you see it, but it is what you are doing.

This is about you not wanting to look like the 'bad guy'. This is about you not wanting to feel bad. But you will continue to hurt yourself until you end your confusion by letting go.

You don't want to be a 'monster'. You won't be if you walk away. It won't be easy. It will hurt. But you will both heal and move forward with your lives.

We can't make you do what you know deep down is the right thing to do. But we can point it out and give that little voice screaming to be heard through the confusion a little help.
    serafina Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2013, 08:07 AM
    If you can't even get past his accent, then you may as well just break up with him.
    My mom and dad, were teenagers when they started dating, they ended up getting married. They're both middle aged now, for years they have argued a lot over little to nothing or anything, sometimes money. They don't seem to even have as many interests anymore. And that shouldn't be like it with a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2013, 10:21 AM
    If you want to continue this relationship and try to work out the issues you are struggling with, maybe its time to see a counselor? Individual for yourself, as well as couples counseling. IT could be a great help to the both of you. Him to understand how you are feeling, and you to work through these feelings to determine if you actually want to be with him or not.
    Leah_ Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2013, 04:59 AM
    Why do you suddenly 'not like' your boyfriend? Is there any reasons?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2013, 05:10 AM
    I'm guessing the things she doesn't like about him are ouutweighing the things that attracted her in the first place.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I don't like my boyfriend when we go out? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for 2 years. For the past 8 months things have been difficult. I wasn't sure if I loved him anymore. We discussed it and decided to work at it. I am at a place now where I do love him but I'm just not sure if he is the one. We get on well when we are together but...

My boyfriend says we don't have enough sex and that I don't initiate it. What to do? [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know what to do about the current state of my relationship. My boyfriend of over a year recently told me we have a major issue in the sex department. Everything else is good, but our sexual relationship seems to be waning away. Our sex has never been fantastic, nor horrible, but since...

How come I don t have a boyfriend? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 17. When I was in junior high I had some boyfriends and I really fell in love with one of them; however, everything ended tragically. Now I'm a senior in High School and I've not had a boyfriend. I don't think I can't get a guy because there have been some guys that have asked me out, but they...

I don't know if I can believe my boyfriend? [ 12 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for four months. We met on a dating website. Everything seems to be OK. He tells me he loves. I see him almost everyday and he stays at my apartment at least 3 or 4 nights a week. We have talked about having a future together and making plans to move in...

I now have a boyfriend but don't know what to do now [ 5 Answers ]

I have had a boyfriend before but we didn't act like we were dating at all. Now I have a boyfriend again ( different one) and I really want to act like we are dating. How should I act like we are dating and how do I do it without embarrassing myself half to death?/:confused::confused:

View more questions Search