Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    keeks143 Posts: 149, Reputation: 3

Aug 21, 2013, 01:37 AM
    Salary of an Insolvency Lawyer?
    I just want to know the average salary of an insolvency lawyer after, say 2 or 3 years? Also, about how much may they earn in the first year? And how much may they earn in more advanced years? I know your salary can considerably vary from place to place but I mean in more broad general terms.
    Not being greedy or anything I just wanted to know and I couldn't find anything on the internet.
    Also, what sort of subjects would it be helpful to be good at if you want to pursue this as a career?
    Thanks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 21, 2013, 02:28 AM
    I do not know the country you are in, since they are called Bankruptcy attorneys in US, I will have to assume you are not in US.

It is a lower paying field normally, and are they working for a firm ? Or opening their own office. If they open their own office most likely they may lose money the first 1 or 2 years, with costs of operation more than income. Some work for for large firms at 40,000 US.
    But can vary greatly
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 21, 2013, 02:32 AM
    A lawyer's salary varies a LOT from place to place, firm to firm, the times you are living in, and how well you did in law school. That's just for starters. There is no point in even trying to find out. I've known lawyers right out of law school who had offers that were double other offers.
    You are 13. There's a famous saying on a wall at Harvard Law School (quoting one of the US Supreme Court Justices) about what studies a lawyer should pursue as an undergrad, and it says that you should study everything except the law. A great lawyer has a vast array of general knowledge.

Fr_Chuck, pretty sure she lives in London.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What happens in case of insolvency of the association? [ 4 Answers ]

I understand that if a member insurer of the Insurance Guarantee Association is found to be insolvent, the Guarantee Association Act enables the guarantee association to provide protection (up to the limits spelled out in the Act) to policyholder. Then what happens when "the Association" itself...

Proving insolvency [ 1 Answers ]

I need information on how to prove insolvency using form 982. Do I include the amount of the insovency as income on my 1040 or do I not include the income and attach the 982. What detail do I attach to 982 in any. {moved from Forum Help-<>}

1099C and Insolvency [ 5 Answers ]

I am going to be getting a 1099c on a home I could not afford the mortgage on in another state from where I live now. I had to move when my job moved and I could not afford both houses. I tried paying for both for about three years while having the home on the market to sell, but it wouldn't sell....

View more questions Search