Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shore realtor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2013, 12:08 PM
    Non-military registered adult
    My son did not register for the service because at 18 he was incarcerated. He further did not register when he was released and spent the next 20 years in and out of jail. Are there any grants or school assistance he can get at this late date, he is 42 years old.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 20, 2013, 12:10 PM
    He needs to be the one asking. Has he decided on any school possibilities and then asked them about grants and scholarships?
    shore realtor Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2013, 12:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    He needs to be the one asking. Has he decided on any school possibilities and then asked them about grants and scholarships?
    Yes. He has inquired at the intl. academy of design and tech. They said it is a government requirement that he was required to register at 18. They suggest personal loans etc.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2013, 12:14 PM
    Its also a crime to NOT register... and the fact he didn't should preclude him from a lot of possible aid sources... even without factoring in his criminal record.

He needs to factor in what job fields are off limits to him with his criminal record. Or a degree would be a waste of time and money in those fields.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many registered voters are registered nurses [ 4 Answers ]

How many Registeres Nurses are registered voters?

Is it possible to do a nikah of an adult girl (18 years Old) with a non adult boy (04 [ 0 Answers ]

Is it possible to do a nikah of an adult girl (18 years Old) with a non adult boy (04 Years Old) ? If somebody do, then this nikah is valid or not?

Military to Military Marriage Different Home of Records [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I both are active duty military and we have two different "Home of Records". My husband is a NC resident and I am a TN resident (no state tax) I am trying to file MFJ for federal. Everything went well until I went to file state taxes for him. How do I do this? Can I file federal...

Military spouse - state taxes - recently married to registered alien [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am in the navy, stationed in ct, filed state taxes in California for the past 8 years after joining up, recently married a canadian in September and am working towards getting her citizenship. Come January when I go to file taxes, we are unsure what state she should file taxes in. ...

I got married to a military guy, and we got military housing [ 6 Answers ]

MY husband and I became eligible for base housing and took it, because the only time we would move in was that day. In my old apartment lease there is a military clause. However I got the apartment before I became married, and my husband is not on the lease. My landlord is saying that the military...

View more questions Search