Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adriannecook123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 03:27 AM
    I am ten days late
    Hi.. I have been off the pill for 2 and a half months now and have been having sex unprotected. I got my period jan 26th as normal but stopped the pill then I got my period again on feb 17th and have not had it since. This would make me 10 days over now.. I have no symptoms at all only slight lower back pains today but nothing else. I have done 2 pregnancy test last week which also came up negative, can anyone advise me please!
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2007, 07:33 AM
    Depending on how long you were on the pill, and how your body reacted to the pill while you were on it, it could very well be that it is just the lack of taking the pill that is throwing your system out of whack. You could be pregnant, but I am inclined to think with you getting off the pill so recently and had two negative hpts, that it is the pill. HOWEVER, hpts can be wrong. Some women don't register on the hpts for several weeks/months, and have even heard of a few that never get a positive on a hpt. There are blood tests that you can get at the hospital that are more accurate then hpts and not too much more expensive. However, these can be wrong too, as they (like hpts) only show a positive/negative result, and if your hcg levels aren't high enough to register, it will still show up negative. The most accurate blood test is one that a doctor must order, and this test registers the actual number of hcg in your system, and is usually repeated a week later to see if the numbers are doubling, as they should in a normal pregnancy. That being said, 10 days is not incredibly late(esp after getting off the birth control pill.)doctors usually suggest that you don't expect pregnancy within the first three months of getting off the pill, as it takes about that long to get out of your system. If your period still does not show in another week, I would suggest going to your doctor and talking with them. They will be able to check for other signs of pregnancy through an exam (such as an enlarged uterus and the bluish purple tinting inside that accompanies pregnancy) they will also do another test in the office, and will be able to explain more adequately the effects of the pill once you stop taking it etc. Getting an exam/check up is a good idea anyway, as it is suggested that you get a pre-conception checkup when you decide to start trying.(to help ensure everything is in order and physically ready to have a baby) good luck and best wishes.
    automansgirl Posts: 467, Reputation: 42

Mar 27, 2007, 07:56 AM
    I agree with buggage. I would say that you should probably take another hpt now that you 10 days late. I didn't get a positive until I was past due 10 days. You should also call your doctor to schedule an appointment. Then, if you do get your period you can always call and cancel. Better to be safe. If you aren't pregnant you may still be off from the pill, but you can get pregnant while on the pill, so there is definitely a chance. Hope you get the answer you want! Good luck

Mar 27, 2007, 11:34 PM
    Thank you both for taking the time to answer it has helped a lot!thanks again!
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Mar 28, 2007, 07:17 AM
    No problem. Hope all turns out well for you! Best wishes and good luck
    bam bam08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2007, 09:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by adriannecook123
    hi.. i have been off the pill for 2 and a half months now and have been having sex unprotected. i got my period jan 26th as normal but stopped the pill then i got my period again on feb 17th and have not had it since. this would make me 10 days over now.. i have no symtoms at all only slight lower back pains today but nothing else. i have done 2 pregnancy test last week which also came up negative, can anyone advise me please!
    Well I have had a problem similar. I had mines late 8 days but the enex month I have came on have you checked out Google an tpye keyword fretile calendar that will help you with your fretlie days you might be pregnant. Just go to the doctor an take a test threw the blood
    Lacey19 Posts: 193, Reputation: 9

Mar 28, 2007, 09:54 AM
    I would say take another test 7 days after the 26th just to be sure

Mar 28, 2007, 11:53 PM
    Today is the 28th! And I still have nothing! I had a few lower back pains 2 days ago but it stopped! I was thinking maybe its because I got my period the last weekend in jan started a new pack of the pill then I when tto dubai on hols on feb and aroind the 10th/11th I came off it because I wasn feeling right at all so I got my period on the 16th and haven got it since if I was to get it again I should have getting it on march 16th.. so I'm a good bit over. And my periods are always on time.. do you think it was because I came off the pill so soon or do you think I may be pregnant even though I did 2 test about a week ago??
    scottiesarah72 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 12:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by adriannecook123
    hi.. i have been off the pill for 2 and a half months now and have been having sex unprotected. i got my period jan 26th as normal but stopped the pill then i got my period again on feb 17th and have not had it since. this would make me 10 days over now.. i have no symtoms at all only slight lower back pains today but nothing else. i have done 2 pregnancy test last week which also came up negative, can anyone advise me please!
    Hiya,
    I wouldn't stress about it. It could just be stress causing your period to be late or even if your run down or ill. But if you're hoping for a baby, good luck & hope it all turns out sunny.
    brianneelizabeth Posts: 60, Reputation: 7

Mar 29, 2007, 01:15 AM
    I just had a very similar situation. And I just found out today that I am pregnant... I would go to your doctor and have then run blood tests and go from there

Good luck
    scottiesarah72 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 08:54 AM
    Nice 1 brianeelizabeth, many congrats! I have 7 so I know what a happy moment this will be for you. Xxx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

7 days late, spotting last 2 days [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My period is 7 days late today. The past couple of days I've been having cramps and I'm always sure my period has started but when I go to the bathroom there's nothing in my underware, just some brown smearing when I wipe. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 2 months... I tested...

Ten days late on my period [ 4 Answers ]

I'm late on my period march 5 2007 it should had come down but it didn't I took two pregnancy test one on march 9 2007 and the other one on march 13 2007 and they were both negative do you think I'm pregnant

10 Days Late [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I need some advice, I'm 23 and I am trying for my second child. My last period was on 20th Jan and I have not had one since, my periods always start on or around the 2oth. I have taken 3 HPT and they have all been negative. I am getting a dull pain in my stomach (lower) and sometimes feel a...

3 days late [ 3 Answers ]

My period was due 1/26 and it didn't come. My boyfriend and I had sex on the 28th. When I wope up the next day I was bleeding am I pregnant?

17 days late [ 2 Answers ]

First and foremost I know the advice always my doctor:) I am pretty late.. 17 days to be precise.. I had some light pink spotting.. barely enough for a tampon. I am a pill taker, BC. I would like a child, this one would be a miracle. But how do you know. All four urine test eight - twelvedays...

View more questions Search