Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2007, 03:06 AM
    File handling error.
    Hey guys.

I'm having trouble with reading in data from a FITS file that we create.
    When I do a While loop until EOF, incrementing a variable and reading a character each cycle, I get results for our files that are different, this should correspond to the length of the file. However they are differernt for each file (the files are the same length) and the number is far smaller than the length of the file. (I'm getting number from my VBA of about 37000, whereas the files are about 2560000 chars).

Sounds to me like VBA is detecting end of file before it reaches the end.

Any ideas what is going on?
    rol Posts: 804, Reputation: 162

Apr 13, 2007, 07:14 AM
    Can you put the code here to see how you are doing it?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2007, 07:16 AM
    I've solved this problem, now I have bigger and more eleborate problems! Wheee!
    rol Posts: 804, Reputation: 162

Apr 13, 2007, 07:17 AM
    Ha ha good luck ;-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Biosinfo.inf file not found, error code 4100 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I've got an old extra pc which I'm trying to test a copy of xp on, I've got win xp boot disk(s) and win xp cd. It gets to inspecting computers hardware configuration and then stops and displays the error code. Any suggetions would be great, Thanks

Dll file error needs to be fixed on older IPC [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I would appreciate any help sent to me regarding this scenerio problem. I have an older IPC computer wire router linked to a newer Dell computer. My Epson color 660 printer is on the older IPC computer set up. I just received a message on the older IPC ( celleron processor -...

Article on handling a breakup [ 7 Answers ]

Found this article today... kind of covers what we go over here... reinforces what we advise... Healing A Broken Heart Four essentials for those suffering from heartbreak by A.K. Boyle Published: 09/21/2006 Send This Article To a Friend

Recover a deleted file in error [ 2 Answers ]

Problem is I need to recover this file for downloading files the problem is as follows (C:\Windows\System32\Msfeeds.dll) can u help me with this problem,Thank you

Error when Inporting Captivate (fla) file into Flash [ 1 Answers ]

I get an error message when I try to import a FLA file that was generated from Captivate into Flash. I did notice that FLA files are not part of the accepted file types that Flash looks to import. Why would that file type be used in the example (Captivate) when it doesn't work. And yes, I...

View more questions Search