Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    izzybizzy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2013, 01:31 PM
    Small white bug in bed.
    I caught a little white bug in my bed crawling around. I tried to take a picture but it is too small for my camera to focus on. I think it has six legs. The back two legs are much longer than the others. It doesn't move overly quick either. It is about half the size of my pinky nail. I don't see a visible head.

What is this thing?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 19, 2013, 04:32 PM
    What part of the world is this? In North America a female dog tick would be the first guess, due to size and coloration. The fourth pair of legs is sometimes hard to see on the females.
    Attached Images

teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Aug 19, 2013, 04:46 PM
    Definitely looks like the tick we found on our dog a few weeks ago. According to the vet, it's a bad year.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 19, 2013, 05:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherjenn4 View Post
    Definitely looks like the tick we found on our dog a few weeks ago. According to the vet, it's a bad year.
    Tj, the picture IS of a tick. The OP cannot post a pic due to equipment limitations, they said.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Small white biting bug [ 1 Answers ]

The small white things are literally biting me everywhere on my body. I thought they were bedbugs and called in an exterminator to come in and spray. The exterminator came out and called me saying my home had no bedbugs and no other bugs or pests that could be identified. I relaxed for the day,...

Small white bug/insects in house [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have noticed small like bug/insect things in my house I have seen them on wood furniture and some boxes. They are really small they are no bigger than about 1-2cm if you look closely they do have legs I'm not sure how many. They are really white that they are almost transparent, I've looked...

Help - small white crawling bug [ 6 Answers ]

My daughter has just shown me these little bugs that were on her laptop battery. They are tiny. I have cats who we flea regularly but I have no idea what they are or how to get rid of them. Any advice? :S

Bed bug bites [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently left an apartment infested with bed bugs. I left all my furniture most of my knick knacks stuffed animals books. The rest of my stuff is stored outside.I have not even brought any of my clothes in yet and it has been four months. Now all of a sudden I have these red dime sized...

Bed bug infestation [ 2 Answers ]

I am renting an apartment and it has bedbugs. My daughter is allergic to the bite and cannot sleep there. Who is responsible for there removal? I have contacted the landlord several times and I am told someone will get back to me. It has been a month since I first called. I live in Washington PA.

View more questions Search