Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmcgm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2013, 12:55 PM
    How long can a collector drag a bank garnishment/hold out?
    How long can a collector drag a bank garnishment/hold out? Freeze on the 9th, I reached agreement on 12th. They did not send to judge until 16th and still waiting. No funds.
    Anything I can do?
    Thanks
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2013, 01:12 PM
    They can hold out until you pay them every dime owed, literally until you die then they can get it from your estate if there is one... they already have won a court ordered gudgement AND a Writ of garnishment against you... you really have no leverage at all but pay them to get it over with.

What exactly was you hoping for anyway? What roughly was agreed to? Perhaps if we knew that... we might have more to offer for advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does a bank have to hold personal property after the foreclosure? [ 2 Answers ]

How long does a bank have to hold personal property after the foreclosure?

I don't understand my bank account garnishment, how long will it last? [ 10 Answers ]

I have a debt from 1999 that has just turned into a bank account garnishment. I think the original debt was around $6000. Can they keep clearing my account until the whole 6k has been recovered? This is insanity - I am a single mom and they are taking all my money. Isn't there a law that allows...

Legal hold on bank account BUT I they put a hold on a larger amount than was in there [ 1 Answers ]

A state marshall put a hold on my account because of a judement but the hold was for more than I had in my account what can I do?

How long will a bank hold a check for [ 1 Answers ]

I applied for a private student loan over two months ago. It has taken an unbelievable amount of time to process the loan, but Monday my rep called me and informed me everything was complete. She said the check would be sent out in four days and arrive in up to seven days. My concern is how long...

Bank Hold & garnishment [ 1 Answers ]

I received notice of judgement. My bank account was put on hold. I called the law offices. I agreed to make an initial payment and then make monthly payments. They said they would release my account after I went to the bank and signed the release of payment. I had two judgements for the same...

View more questions Search