Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

Aug 20, 2013, 12:46 PM
    You mentioned the iron deficiency makes you 'tired all the time', perhaps you think this sugar water thing is helping with the deficiency (it's not) because you feel not so tired? Sugar will do that to you...
    Caramela Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2013, 01:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    I understand that you posted that advice because you thought it would be helpful. But drinking sugar water can actually be dangerous advice. I'm smart enough to know better, but someone else may not be, and you could put them in danger.

That's why I don't like the advice being given on this thread. I do agree with home remedies, but they have to make sense, and it's always best to discuss them with your doctor first. It's very dangerous to self treat, or to advise others to self treat.

This site is about answering questions and helping people. When the advice posted is potentially harmful, that's the exact opposite of what we do here.
    I know this website is to help people that's why I signed up for it, anyway if you know and u think its harmful then that's your choice you know best. I'm not trying to give people harmful remedies I'm not a doctor I just said that because I was bought up with that remedy all of our family used that, what is dangerous about? Anyway I don't want to argue about that.

Aug 20, 2013, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aliseaodo View Post
    You mentioned the iron deficiency makes you 'tired all the time', perhaps you think this sugar water thing is helping with the deficiency (it's not) because you feel not so tired? Sugar will do that to you....
    I don't think so because since I'm taking it I feel better it's the thyroid I'm not taking any meds for it.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2013, 01:52 PM
    Sugar is a false energy. I use to have high energy/metabolism. Ate tons of sugar but I swore it had me border line anemic because sugar is a false energy. You have a spike at first. I cut down on sugar and started cooking with cast iron and that was really what helped my anemia.

Aug 20, 2013, 02:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    sugar is a false energy. I use to have high energy/metabolism. Ate tons of sugar but I swore it had me border line anemic because sugar is a false energy. You have a spike at first. I cut down on sugar and started cooking with cast iron and that was really what helped my anemia.
    Aaa OK, you use cast iron? That's good I will try that thanks.
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2013, 06:34 PM
    There are different forms of anemia, if yours is from lack of nutrients it is something you can somewhat control. For low iron vitamin C helps absorb iron. Folic acid and B12 may be helpful too. I remember my grandmother telling me to take black strap molasses.
    I found this article that may be a bit helpful. hypothyroidism & iron
    Remember no one thing is ever a cure all. Too many people rely on the doctor for all their health answers. They take meds to 'fix' the symptoms but then go about eating the same bad foods and not eating the foods that they need to help balance and stabilize their condition. I learned to listen to your body and study for yourself. Have your doctors diagnosis and keep up with your doctor monitoring your health issues. Work with your doctor but I have found you are what you eat to be very true. I use to have all sorts of health problems. I changed a lot of what I eat according to my health problems. I am close to 60 years old and I have no health problems other than occasional aches. I have never been on any long term prescription meds either.

Aug 21, 2013, 02:53 AM
    There are different forms of anemia, if yours is from lack of nutrients it is something you can somewhat control. For low iron vitamin C helps absorb iron. Folic acid and B12 may be helpful too. I remember my grandmother telling me to take black strap molasses.
    I found this article that may be a bit helpful. hypothyroidism & iron
    Remember no one thing is ever a cure all. Too many people rely on the doctor for all their health answers. They take meds to 'fix' the symptoms but then go about eating the same bad foods and not eating the foods that they need to help balance and stabilize their condition. I learned to listen to your body and study for yourself. Have your doctors diagnosis and keep up with your doctor monitoring your health issues. Work with your doctor but I have found you are what you eat to be very true. I use to have all sorts of health problems. I changed a lot of what I eat according to my health problems. I am close to 60 years old and I have no health problems other than occasional aches. I have never been on any long term prescription meds either.
    Yes your right doctors only give you meds for everything it cures one illness then it brings another illness, and that is why I'm asking you guys that have the same problem as me for some home remedies.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2013, 09:10 AM
    Have you thought about possibly taking the medication your doctor prescribes, and then treating your other symptoms naturally? As nohelp4u said, there are many vitamins that can help with the other symptoms.

How is your sleep? Are you getting good sleep? A full 7-9 hours?
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2013, 09:20 AM
    You do have to watch and monitor with a Dr. Because something can counteract while some things can be like an overdose. Like vitamin k and cumadin.

Aug 21, 2013, 12:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jenniepepsi View Post
    have you thought about possibly taking the medication your doctor prescribes, and then treating your other symptoms naturally? as nohelp4u said, there are many vitamins that can help with the other symptoms.

how is your sleep? are you getting good sleep? a full 7-9 hours?
    I'm not getting enough sleep because I have 2 children I wake up few times in the night for them, but when I do sleep I sleep like a baby maybe it's because I get tired.

Aug 21, 2013, 12:51 PM
    You do have to watch and monitor with a Dr. Because something can counteract while some things can be like an overdose. Like vitamin k and cumadin.
    Ahh OK I will.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hypothyroidism [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I am running through my 29th week of pregnancy and in my 24 week my TSH was as high as 7. So I started medications as told by my gynecologist . Is this problem effected my baby ?(my 21st week ultrasound scan completed and report shown baby weight,brain development and all other details normal) ...

Hypothyroidism and thryroidectomy [ 0 Answers ]

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism at the age of 12, I am now 19. My thyroid completely stopped working when I was diagnosed. Lately, my TSH levels have been up and down and crazy, this is the first time since I was diagnosed that I have had to change the dosage of my medicine. I am wondering if...

Hypothyroidism [ 0 Answers ]

I wanted to know whether having hypothyroidism affect in getting pregnant

Hypothyroidism [ 2 Answers ]

I am 34 years old and have both of my sides of my thyroid removed in two separate surgerys over the past month. I was diagnosed with Hashimotos disease and now am "without thyroid" I just went through my radiation last week and now have been given a Clean bill of health, :) However, I have put...

What can I do Hypothyroidism [ 5 Answers ]

I think I might have hypothyroidism but I don't want to go to the doctor to find out because I am 16 and really over weight (115 kg) Plus I don't want to be on the medication for it either so does anyone know a way I can lose weight without the drugs?

View more questions Search