Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buserm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2013, 11:21 PM
    3 months h1b stay in US. Tax liability in India
    Hi,

I'm staying in US on H1b for 3 months. I have come to know that I'll have to pay tax on my worldwide income in India because of less than 6 months duration in the financial year and based on the total tax calculated I can deduct the federal tax paid in US and have to pay the rest.

According to calculation that's a hefty sum. Could anyone please throw some light or refer to an official document,

I have not been to US before & unlikely to cover 6 months in the financial year.

Check out some similar questions!

H1B R2I tax liability in India working for US employer [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I was on H1b in the US since 2003 on H1B visa and filing my taxes in the US. As of second week of Oct 2010, I moved back to India and hence would be in India for less than 182 days for india tax year. Also meet the conditions for RONR (if relevant) for future years. I continued to work...

Tax Liability In India if stayed for less than 183 days outside India [ 3 Answers ]

Tax liability of Indian Citizen if stayed for less than 183 days in US, was getting salary in US paid taxes there. Will he file taxes in India also, for US salary? Was on L1 Visa

Tax liability in India under US-India DTAA [ 1 Answers ]

I am an engineering consultant in the US. I have been contracted by an Indian company to develop certain engineering systems. Indian companies are supposed to withhold tax on remittances for technical services. However, article 15 of US-India DTAA suggests that "independent personal services"...

Worked on H1B in USA for 6 months but not in Financial year, I need to pay india tax [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I'm new to this forum, I've a question here. Please forgive me if this is already answered. I went to US in March 2009 and worked there till mid of September 2010. I do not fall in NRI category I think because Indian financial year start from April. Now, I paid all the taxes in USA...

7 months on F1; 2 months on OPT; 3 months on H1B - what tax form should I Use? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, 1. I am Indian Citizen 2. I am single 3. I was in school from July 2005 to May 2007. I graduated from school in May 2007. 4. I started working from August 13, 2007. a) First on, OPT until September 30, 2007 b) then on H1B visa from October 1, 2007 to December 31, 2007 (Still working)...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.