Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    coolguy1234 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 01:35 AM
    Required Software to Map Geographical Areas
    Hi,
    Friends.

I require a software through which I can map the different geographical areas.

Basically my problem definition is:

1. Suppose you are maintaining the data pertaining to three locations newyork, Texas & California. Every city have switches and hubs or VPN created accordingly.
    2. This is rergarding telecommunication, so all the DSL lines are given to different users per city.
    3. Database is maintained with all information/data of the alloted connections (mapping is done according to this data).
    4. So, what this software should do is, it should map of network area and displays graphically, in which all locations come under. So, when user click on the particular location it should give the present status of all the connections.
    That is:
    (I) If there are no connections or have fault in network, or out of coverage. It should automaticaly change the state of the location by highliting red.
    (ii) If partially connections are available then it should highlight the location area with yellow.
    (iii) If all the connections succed according to data from the database. It shoud highlight green.

If you need the more details.. I'll send to you ask me what you didn't understand. The software which normally telecom companies use is GIS (Gegraphical Information System). The working of this software is same my problem definition.

Thanks..
    If any one Knows about this.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 27, 2007, 06:26 AM
    I would look at Microsoft's Mappoint. That may do what you want. Another software package that allows you to attach a database to a graphical representation is Aperture.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whitening in some areas. [ 1 Answers ]

How do you whiten your bebe area - specifically on the sides , your underarms & the bottom of your butt? Please I need your help.

Geographical [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: what do these famous mountians have in common mount Etna in sicily, Mount St. Helens in the u.s, and mount Vesuvius in italy.:confused:

About Unwanted Hair in areas it shouldn't be. [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: Hello, all. I am a very Young Lady, and I have unwanted hair growth in places that I would have never thought I would have hair grow. I Started to notice hair growing around the neck area breast area my junior year. And I know as scary as that sounds, It wasn't much so I would tweeze it...

Geographical effects of outsourcing [ 1 Answers ]

I am taking a course in cultural diversity, I have a project to complete. I am looking for information relating to the geogriphical effects of outsourcing in china

Need help in certain areas of my game. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a 6''2 15 year old 157 pound SF/PF/C sophomore. I have a great post up game, just about no one can stop me when I get the ball down low. I have a great shot that can hit the 3 if needed. I'm a good defended who keeps players away from the hoop and gets a steal here and there. But here is...

View more questions Search