Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Candyy_Flosss Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2013, 01:28 PM
    Dance is my life!
    Right so I'm coming up to my gcse's and I'm doing dance. Outside of school I done ballet for 3years when I was seven and hiphop and street since I was 6/7 and quite recently have taken up contemporary! Im wanting to go to london theatre school to hopefully achieve more but what I really want to do is dance in films or on the west end but how would I do that?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 18, 2013, 01:31 PM
    Have you ever been in any school or local productions -- recitals, musicals, variety shows, or whatever and performed in public?

Aug 18, 2013, 01:35 PM
    Yes I have, inside school I've participated in many competitions and outside, the dance school I go to every year we do 2 shows and then we do many festivals and charity events we can:)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 18, 2013, 01:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Candyy_Flosss View Post
    Yes i have, inside school i've participated in many competitions and outside, the dance school i go to every year we do 2 shows and then we do many festivals and charity events we can:)
    Are there age limits for performing on the West End and even for films (parental permission)? Do you read about try-outs? (There must be newspaper ads and industry newsletters, etc.)

Aug 18, 2013, 01:51 PM
    Not sure about age limits but me still lbeing in school and no proper oppourtunites out around where I live I can't move until leaving school but I have already looked in to moving to london so I can go to theatre school and there are try outs and auditions there which I would like to do
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 18, 2013, 01:53 PM
    How long before you can move to London? (How old are you now?)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 18, 2013, 02:08 PM
    Be sure to work hard in your studies (not just dance) -- because that will pay off big time someday. Also, learn how to do some basic cooking, know how to do laundry and clean (i.e. take care of your possessions), know how to handle a checking account or in general your money, and be sure you develop good common sense so people later can't scam you with promises of fame and glory. Also, learn how to stay safe and be able to protect yourself when out in public and at home. (I grew up in a small town and went to college in a big city and now look back to remember how uninformed about life and too trusting of people I was.)

Aug 18, 2013, 03:39 PM
    Thank you so much for your help! Really appreciate it! It will be just over 2 years and I'll probably be staying with my uncle who lives there.:) anyway thanks again for the advice, I'll take it on board!! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

African Dance & Dance Therapy... is over 40 too old to learn and teach? [ 0 Answers ]

Peace! I'm 41 and in great physical health. I used to dance regularly, but after having children (three... two teenager and a toddler) I stopped for over ten years. After taking classes here locally, I was asked to teach because of my skills. I'm also into to energy healing and want to...

Dance Studios - more empahsis on dance or business [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question regarding dance studios. I would like a sincere answer from someone who either owns or knows someone well who does own their own dance studio. It has been my experience that studios will put more emphasis on business rather than dance. The reason for this is I have seen good...

What dance dance revolutiondo I buy for PS2. [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: there are so many different dance dance revolutions for ps2 that I don't now what one to buy?I want to know witch one is the best.

DDR Dance Dance Revolution question [ 2 Answers ]

I have a question regarding DDR but first let me set the stage for my knowledge and expectations. First, I'm no gamer by ANY stretch of the imagination. I played Zork in College and once in a blue moon I'll play frogger. But if I'm interested in something I usually try not to let cost get in...

View more questions Search