Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Abiria Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2013, 10:19 AM
    How to teach my male parakeet to mate
    Last year around November I had three parakeets. One for sure was. Female and one for sure was a male. Now the third had a bright pink nose and just by looking at it the vet believed it was a female. So, I thought it was the two females mating. They would rub butts and what not and so I got rid of the one that I was not for sure was the sex. Now I'm left with the to sure male and female. I know the female wants to mate cause she'll stick her tail in the air and provoke the male. Thing is the male only kisses her and has no idea how to mate. She has been laying batches of 5 eggs every month since December. I can't afford $60 for the shot that slows down her hormones so how is it I can get the male to actually mate with her? They are both interested in each other but the male is a little confused on how to satisfy the female. Is there a way to teach him? Getting another bird or getting rid of a bird is out of the question.
    Please let me know what I can do.
    The sooner the better.
    Thank you, Abby.

Check out some similar questions!

Why would male cats try to mate with a female cat that has been fixed? [ 4 Answers ]

A few months ago we took a stray cat that showed up at our house to the vet to get her fixed so she can't get pregnant. Now that it is mating season male cats outside will not leave her alone. They bite her neck and try to mate with her. Is this normal? If so, why are they doing this since she...

Which makes a better mate for a dominant male chihuahua? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 4 year old 9lb male chihuahua Ive heard conflicting sories about which is better to get for him for a friend a male or female. Can someone please clear this up for me as I want both dogs to e happy.

How old does a male dachshund need to be before he can mate [ 4 Answers ]

I have a male dachshund who is 5 months and he is starting to hump everything I was wondering if and when he could mate

Do you need a male to fertilize ringneck parakeet eggs? [ 13 Answers ]

I have a female ringneck parakeet, but no male... she has laid 2 eggs... are they fertile if no male is present?

Male Shar pei neutered wanting to mate! [ 2 Answers ]

I need help! My 6 month old shar-pei is already neutered. I just brought home 4 weeks ago a mini daschund. He at first hated her and tried to bite her but now he wants to mate with her! He mounts her. He tries to roll with her and gently nip at each others neck. What should I do? Thanks, ...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.