Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hixiefrance Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

Aug 18, 2013, 07:13 AM
    How to lose weight fast but with a long-lasting result?
    I am 14, 5'3 and I weigh 130 pounds
    I would like to lose 30-35 pounds , ideally in 6-8 months, or as quick as possible, but so the weight stays off.
    Does anybody have any tips that really work?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 18, 2013, 07:26 AM
    130 lbs and 5'3 isn't remotely obese, so you shouldn't even be trying to lose 30-35 lbs, especially that fast.
    Concentrate on 10 lbs in 4 months, and re-evaluate your situation then.
    It would take days to tell you how to diet and how to not rebound. The internet is chock full of advice already written.
    Merry16 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Aug 18, 2013, 08:15 AM
    I should suggest eating small healthy meals every 3-4 hours from the time you wake up. Drink lots of water. 2 gallons a day. Plus drink lots and lots of green tea. Do exercise 3x a week for 30 minutes. You should have long lasting results. I have done this and lost 15 lbs in less than 3 months.

Aug 18, 2013, 08:26 AM
    Thank you!
    current pert

Aug 18, 2013, 08:50 AM
    You realize that 2 gallons is 32 eight ounce glasses? That's one glass every 30 minutes for 16 hours a day. Plus 'lots and lots' of the green tea? She's 14! She's in class half the day. She'd be in trouble for spending all her time in the bathroom, just for the water, never mind that green tea is a powerful diuretic.
    Plus there's the imbalance to body salts.
    Granted, drinking lots of water is part of losing weight, but don't get carried away.
    In 2008, Jacqueline Henson, a 40-year-old British woman, died after drinking four liters (a little more than 2 gallons) of water in under two hours as part of her LighterLife diet plan.

Aug 18, 2013, 01:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    You realize that 2 gallons is 32 eight ounce glasses? That's one glass every 30 minutes for 16 hours a day. Plus 'lots and lots' of the green tea? She's 14! She's in class half the day. She'd be in trouble for spending all her time in the bathroom, just for the water, never mind that green tea is a powerful diuretic.
    Plus there's the imbalance to body salts.
    Granted, drinking lots of water is part of losing weight, but don't get carried away.
    In 2008, Jacqueline Henson, a 40-year-old British woman, died after drinking four liters (a little more than 2 gallons) of water in under two hours as part of her LighterLife diet plan.
    Wow! OK, since I've been on holiday, when I'm not doing much, I drink loads of water, beacause I spend most my day at home, I've been drinking about 5-6 litres a day, is that too much then?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 18, 2013, 02:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Merry16 View Post
    I should suggest eating small healthy meals every 3-4 hours from the time you wake up. Drink lots of water. 2 gallons a day. Plus drink lots and lots of green tea. Do excercise 3x a week for 30 minutes. You should have long lasting results. I have done this and lost 15 lbs in less than 3 months.
    That's a lot of water. Do you know that drinking too much water can actually kill you?

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...Pvw-TLawayoJpQ

In my town they had a contest on a radio station, a water drinking contest. One of the contestants died because of the amount of water intake.
    current pert

Aug 18, 2013, 02:23 PM
    I wouldn't say 5-6 litres is too much. But I wouldn't drink more, because you really do need to keep all your different salt concentrations from getting too low. If you feel shaky and weak, stop.

The medical community has lowered the old '8 cups of water a day' rule. Turns out it wasn't based on any science. Now it's whenever you are thirsty, but 9 cups including FOOD, and 20% of your water comes from foods. 5 liters is more than 20 cups!
    Water is good for you, and good for filling you up, and good for losing weight. Just take it easy.
    The place I got the woman who died from water intoxication had a long list of cases of people who died.
    Pets Expert

Aug 18, 2013, 02:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hixiefrance View Post
    wow! ok, since i've been on holiday, when i'm not doing much, i drink loads of water, beacause i spend most my day at home, i've been drinking about 5-6 litres a day, is that to much then?
    5 litres a day is 21 eight ounce glasses. A normal, healthy human being is recommended to drink 8 eight ounce glasses a day. So yes, you're drinking too much water.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2013, 09:44 AM
    The United States Department of Agriculture, food and nutrition information center, in general recommends an average daily fluid intake, including liquids from foods and other beverages, of 2.7 liters or 91 ounces for women, and 3.7 liters or 125 ounces for men spread throughout the day.

Water | Food and Nutrition Information Center

*gotta spread the rep alty, or I would have*

Aug 19, 2013, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    That's a lot of water. Do you know that drinking too much water can actually kill you?

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...Pvw-TLawayoJpQ

In my town they had a contest on a radio station, a water drinking contest. One of the contestants died because of the amount of water intake.
    I meant to say 2 liters! Sorry guys :) She should eat healthy meals in small portions. 3 meals a day and 2 snacks (fruits).
    Pets Expert

Aug 19, 2013, 04:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Merry16 View Post
    I meant to say 2 liters! sorry guys :) She should eat healthy meals in small portions. 3 meals a day and 2 snacks (fruits).
    Typos happen. I'm glad you cleared that up. I'm also glad that the typo was caught, and the advice was corrected, since it could have harmed someone, fatally even, had they taken that advice.

Aug 19, 2013, 07:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Typos happen. I'm glad you cleared that up. I'm also glad that the typo was caught, and the advice was corrected, since it could have harmed someone, fatally even, had they taken that advice.
    Yes thanks for that! I'll be more careful next time :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help me to lose weight fast [ 2 Answers ]

My weight 45 kg. My height 157 cm. I gain 5 kg I was 40 and my sister wedding is after 20 days I want to lose this 5 kg in 20 pleaseeee help!! I will do everything even if I will gain it after one month because I have to wear this dress!

How can I lose weight fast? [ 1 Answers ]

Im 5'3 and I weight almost 180 , well I did last time checked I've been drinking pills to lose weight that my doctor gave me but still haven't lost much, what else can I do

How to lose weight fast? [ 4 Answers ]

Tittle^

How do I lose weight fast? [ 7 Answers ]

I am a girl and my body some times has problems chagning and I have a hard time dieting how do I lose weight and keep it off. How can I adapt to a new life style?

How do I lose weight fast? [ 1 Answers ]

Age: 14 sex: Female weight:165 height:5'3'' Im starting 9th grade in 2 1/2 weeks I want to lose weight and look skinnier and better.. Im a athlete I play basketball and softball and I'm built like a athlete but my thighs are big and I so is my stomach I need help.. I need to know what I can do...

View more questions Search