Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Janet pitta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2013, 02:15 PM
    No heart beat on doppler at 15 weeks
    I am really stressing out :( as this is my first pregnancy. I am 15weeks and 2 days my first prenatal visit was at 12 weeks my doctor tried to find the heart beat on the Doppler, but was not able to,she did tell me not to worry as this happens and is common. I went home and continued to feel pregnant (morning sickness all day, sore breast etc) I didn't feel anything off everything seemed great. I had another doctors appointment at 15 weeks and was still not able to find the heart beat with the Doppler after 5 minutes of looking she told me not to panic as this is common when you have some extra skin around your stomach,she did book me an emergency ultrasound for 4 days later. As soon as we left that clinic me and my husband droveto the emergency hospital since 4 days seemed like way to long to wait. When we got to the hospital they asked me if I had any bleeding I said yea hoping this would speed up the process to get the ultrasound (I didn't actually have any bleeding) they did not do an ultra sound because the "lab was closed" and it was not a life or death situation however, 3 different nurses came in to find the heart beat with the doppler and none of the 3 were able to find it, we this hear the placenta (whooshing sound, and blood flowing) doctor told us it was the blood flowing. I went home and I am super stressed, and I have to wait 3 days :(!! Does this sound normal?! Has it happened to anyone else? I'm so scared!!

Ps I have not felt any signs of miscarriage.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 17, 2013, 03:38 PM
    I've been through this, but I don't think my story is going to set your mind at ease, so I won't tell it.

If your doctor isn't concerned, stop worrying. Worrying is not good for you during a pregnancy, or any time for that matter.

Wait until the ultrasound, that will give you more information. Until then, rest, relax, and try not to worry too much.

I hope it all works out.

Good luck.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 17, 2013, 08:12 PM
    Perfectly normal at 15 weeks.

Positioning is important when using a doppler. You must be lying flat on your back, and at 15 weeks the fetus is down low near the pelvic bone right about at the pubic hair line.

Finding a heartbeat with doppler is very tricky and not always possible this early in the pregnancy. It's a good sign, though, that you did hear the "whoosh" of the placenta.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Embryo without Heart Beat [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, My wife conceived and we have taken scan on 26.08.2012. Her LMP is 56 days, The embryo is 6 weeks and 3 days old and it is 5.9MM but there is no cardiac activity. Is there any chance to get heart beat? We are worried. Please reply,

I'm 17 weeks pregnant and they could only just find baby's heart beat [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 17 weeks pregnant and had my first antinatal appointment on the 19th of June 2012 and when they checkd for the babies heart beat they couldn't find anything until the second time round and now I'm really worried that something is wrong I do have my 19 week ultrasound in 2 weeks time and I was...

Fast heart beat [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! I need an answer quick! When does a heart rate for a 16yr old femal weighing 130lb become a cause for an ER visit?

8 weeks no heart beat [ 4 Answers ]

Good Morning!! In June I had a missed miscarriage(empty sac). After that I did not get my period. On Sept 26 I had negative pregnancy test and Oct 6 positive pregnancy test. Yesterday 3rd November(4 weeks since I found out I was pregnant) I had a vaginal scan. Sac and embryo(measures 6mm) were...

Every Beat of your heart. [ 1 Answers ]

I was in a coffee shop today and I heard this song on the radio... it was a little low but I got a little bit of it. I'm pretty sure it was an acoustic version of the song because that is all they play in there, but there was one guy singer, and I clearly remember him singing in the song "cuz with...

View more questions Search