Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smonson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2013, 10:31 AM
    No hot water upstairs but works downstairs tankless water heater
    I have a noritz america nr71-sv tankless gas water heater no hot water upstairs shower and sink works fine in kitchen and downstairs shower and sink what is the problem?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 17, 2013, 03:35 PM
    How long have you had it? How old is the plumbing?
    Did you open the second floor hot water faucet only, all the way?
    Did you feel the hot water pipe in the cellar as far as you can?
    Maybe the minimum flow requirement isn't being met upstairs, due to deposits in the pipes.

I'm not a plumber but thought I'd mention this since all our plumbers seem to be elsewhere today.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 17, 2013, 03:44 PM
    Hi Smonson

You say there is no hot water in the upstairs shower, but what about the sink upstairs... do you hot water at the upstairs sink?

Back to you...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why would, hot water only, stop flowing from (gas) tankless hot water heater? [ 1 Answers ]

Cold water flows fine. Just the hot water has stopped running.

When the hot water is on upstairs cold water runs through all faucets downstairs why? [ 10 Answers ]

We had our carport turned into a room for our handicapped son and the plumber came out to plumb the bathroom. Now where we always had plenty hot water downstairs and upstairs the water downstairs only gets lukewarm and when someone is taking a shower upstairs cold water runs through all the faucets...

Hot water tap works upstairs but not downstairs [ 1 Answers ]

My hot water tap doesn't work downstairs just runs cold yet hot water tap and shower upstairs work and all radiators warm up too I have a combi boiler anyone help please? Cheers

Connecting a tankless water heater and separate hot water heater [ 6 Answers ]

What I have is this. An oil fired boiler that generates hot water for my house baseboard heating system. Contained within the boiler is a tankless heater that is heated by way of the firebox in the boiler. The tankless heater is used only for domestic hot water. It has a separate CW supply to the...

View more questions Search