Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    titansccore Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2013, 06:47 AM
    Nursing Agency Startup in United Kingdom
    I am looking for information on how to start a nursing agency in England supplying staff to NHS and Private hospitals.
    I need to know how to do it
    I need to know what the upfront costs are likely to be
    I am also willing to take on a partner so as to maximise chances of actually making it in the business

If there is anyone with advice/know how please help me out.

**I have looked at previous posts and they are either inconclusive or they are focusing on other jurisdictions not governed by English law.

Many thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 17, 2013, 07:06 AM
    You are on an international site mainly associated law wise with US and Canada. It would be extremely difficult for us to site English law and jurisdictions from our standpoint.

I can point out however, from working as a certified Personal Support Worker with a well known agency in Canada that private care as you wish to venture into is extremely difficult, expensive and comes with much liability.

In our neck of the woods there are no agencies supplying nurses to private hospitals as we have no 'private hospitals'. Do you by chance mean nursing homes? Nursing homes are pretty well over looked by the government and well they should be, normally do their own hiring Personal Support Workers and RN, RPN.

In my community, through my agency, homecare is done by Personal Support workers, certified and registered through the province of Ontario, nursing is completed by Victoria Order of Nurses.

I will include a website that will direct you, in the UK, to further information.

www.ehow.com › Careers & Work‎. In this website, enter your subject matter in the search feature.
    titansccore Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2013, 12:22 AM
    Thank you for the advice it is apparent that there are major jurisdictional issues as in the UK all these entities exist that do not seem to exist in your home country. I will follow the web link to see where it takes me.

Many thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 18, 2013, 06:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by titansccore View Post
    Thank you for the advice it is apparent that there are major jurisdictional issues as in the UK all these entities exist that do not seem to exist in your home country. I will follow the web link to see where it takes me.

Many thanks
    I am in Canada, we are very much like the UK but small un governed agencies as you are mentioning cannot survive and make a profit because of high liability costs, and operating costs. The Canadian Red Cross has the biggest satellite agency for in-home care in the country mainly because they are connected to socialized medicine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I buy this ring in the united kingdom [ 1 Answers ]

I could buy this ring in the usa but can I purchase it in the united kingdom- murano millie flori sterling silver blue floral glass heart ring venetian style. Thank you.

IS BRIGHCCOVE Co. From Oxford, United Kingdom [ 1 Answers ]

Is BRIGHCCOVE CO. from Oxford, United Kingdom a legitimate service establishment that could assist in the processing of registration documents for state work permits for foreign workers in Ireland? Please help if you know. Thank you.

Fathers rights in the United Kingdom [ 1 Answers ]

I live in the United Kingdom. Can you tell me what rights to a paternal father have to a newborn child. The mother was abandoned at 16 weeks pregnant and the father wants to have access every day. He also wants to take the 4 day old newborn away for an hour every day. The mother is breast...

Tax for f-1 student from United Kingdom [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any tax exemption from f-1 students from United Kingdom? If yes, how much?

View more questions Search