Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ritaray Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2013, 04:58 AM
    Fixing tap to bath
    The tap on my bath just lifts straight out of the hole. It appears to of been stuck down originally as there is no nut/washer to clamp to bath. What do I use to stick it to bath to stop it moving - it has a seal between bath and tap.
    Attached Images

Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Aug 16, 2013, 05:22 AM
    Without knowing what type or brand of faucet it is, whether you are referring to the vlave body itself or just the knob, it is impossible to answer this question. Even a photo of the entire thing would help. Sorry.
    Ritaray Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2013, 05:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman2007 View Post
    Without knowing what type or brand of faucet it is, whether or not you are referring to the vlave body itself or just the knob, it is impossible to answer this question. Even a photo of the entire thing would help. Sorry.
    Thanks for response taken picture of tap etc to show what happens just need to figure out how to load here - sorry
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 16, 2013, 04:38 PM
    Hi Rita

Your best bet, of course, would be to gain access though an access panel on the backside of the wall... install proper washer and nut and be done with this.

However, if you don't want to go to that trouble (actually not "trouble" for an experienced person), you could try purchasing a simple ADHESIVE CAULKING... caulk the faucet down tight and leave it overnight to dry... should last for awhile anyway!

Back to you...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot tap in bath does not work and fitment blew off cold water pipe under bath. [ 16 Answers ]

How often do water pipes under bath need to be thoroughly serviced? First, hot tap bath had no water; this was fixed and then days later fitment blew off the cold water pipe, again under the bath. What could be the connection between these two incidents?

I have only luke warm water coming through my hot bath tap and sink tap [ 0 Answers ]

Hello I am suddenly only getting luke warm water coming through the hot taps in my bathroom. All other rooms are fine. I have a bungalow with two bathrooms a kitchen and a utility room. The system is run off a LPG combi boiler.

Fixing bath leak [ 2 Answers ]

Homayoun New Member Join Date: Sep 2008 Posts: 1 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi There

Fixing bath leak [ 1 Answers ]

Hi There There is leakage from bath sink to downstairs.how should I find the location of leaking and fix it? Thanks

View more questions Search