Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CA1001 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2013, 11:29 PM
    What's this insect/larvae?
    Hi folks. Found this in our kitchen today. Does anyone know what it is? Thanks. Glad I found this website :-)

Jb
    Attached Images

Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 16, 2013, 02:28 AM
    It looks very similar to the larva of a Furniture Carpet beetle. The University of California has a good page about carpet beetles.

Carpet Beetle Management Guidelines--UC IPM
    CA1001 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2013, 06:53 PM
    Thanks a lot! The link was very informative.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Biting flying insect that seems to be more of a sting Invisible flying insect [ 11 Answers ]

This invisible flying insect has bitten me for several years. It is active more in the dark hours or not a too well lighted area. It is very active around my bed and under the covers. This insect bites me in other location other than in my house. It bites me mostly out of my eye sight alignment...

Entomology--what insect does this larvae/ cocoon (?) come from? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm writing you from Italy, in case this additional information may help in identifying the cocoons (?) in the picture I am sending you. As you will see there are a series of them, and I found them exactly the same way as you see them in the picture. They were all empty but we cracked open one of...

Need ID of larvae [ 2 Answers ]

I have whitish larvae the size of your index finger now appearing on my porch, started mid -August. They are not visible during the day. Only see them in the morning. More and more each morning. They are very fat and clear white and ugly. They curl up when I go to remove them. I need to identify...

Identify Larvae [ 5 Answers ]

Please could you identify the larvae in the attached photo, it is about 10mm long. I found it attached to the wall of my apartment in Tenerife today. (It wasn't there last night) I have put it in a glass container & a tiny caterpillar like grub keeps coming half out, then going back in. I was...

Larvae Like Pest [ 4 Answers ]

Recently I have been seeing several small larvae looking things that resemble a cream colored caterpillar about a half inch in length. I have been remodelling my house for quite a while and am about to repaint but am trying to figure out what these things are. They seem to go to the corners...

View more questions Search