Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mergesar Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2007, 08:37 PM
    English language
    What are some negative consequences to declaring English the official language of the U.S?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 31, 2007, 03:01 PM
    English is the official language in most of the known world but no one declares it that way.

There was a time when english visitors to Quebec Canada found that communicating with anyone there wasn't an option if one didn't speak Québécois. It had become an unspoken rule in Quebec that english wasn't acceptable, for a time. It isn't that way now because their tourist trade suffered immensely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

English As a Second Language [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for samples of grading policies for students in our English as a Second Language program. We are in the process of refining our policy. Our new policy must be informative to parents, sharing good information. It has to be realistic for the expectations of students at various...

English as a second language [ 9 Answers ]

I"d like to know the difference between the wordas "null", "zero", "nill", "nought"

English as a second language [ 6 Answers ]

Hi! I would like to know if it´s right to say football course or football pitch or if both of them are correct. On the other hand, Do you say volleyball course and basketball course. Is this correct? Thanks.

English language [ 3 Answers ]

How can I learn the english language in three months or lets say four months ? How can I teach children the english language in a simple way? How can someone teach the adults the english language in a simple way and a short time ? How can I evaluate the students performance in learning english...

English as a second language [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there! I'd appreciate it if you could rephrase the followng sentence for me to understand the meaning and translate it into my native language correctly:"Everything that you say or do I'm hung up on you"

View more questions Search