Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    faye83 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2013, 07:19 AM
    No h or c water to new bathroom
    I built a new bathroom and have tested the water supply about 2 months ago, but never used the bathroom. I am ready to use bathroom now so I opened the main water flow that feeds the geyser and cold water tap. But there is no flow of water inside the bathroom. What could be the problem. I don't know if geyser filled up so I have not switched on power to geyser.

I have one gate valve that feeds new bathroom that is new so shouldn't be the problem. I don't know if air lock to geyser. Please help
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2013, 07:46 AM
    First question... what the heck is a geyser in reference to a bathroom? Maybe it's a translation issue. If that's the case a description will help us determine the correct name.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 15, 2013, 09:27 AM
    A geyser is a water heater, Smoothy.

Faye, keep the cold water open and if there is a drain on the geyser open it and see if water flows out the drain under good pressure. If water is under pressure then cold water is getting into the geyser.

Next, check all shutoffs under sinks and at tub/shower valve if present and make sure they are full open.

Next would be to remove the aerators at the faucet(s) and maybe even the shower head.

Now, check for water flow... any water anywhere? If so, great... post back with results. If there is no water anywhere then you need to chase the cold water pipe further back into the home and find out where it got stopped... ;)

Back to you...

Mark
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2013, 09:33 AM
    Well.. I learned something new... Father taught me plumbing as a teenager... I'm 52 now and that's the first time I've heard it called that.
    faye83 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2013, 12:23 PM
    Sorry.. In my country we call the "heating cylinder" a geyser.. i.e. The vessel that has a built-in heating element that makes the water hot. I don't know if it is the vented or unvented type.
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Aug 16, 2013, 05:25 AM
    That's a new one on me too.. "Geyser". Really doesn't make much sense considering it's intended use but,, hey
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2013, 05:37 AM
    It goes along with "wings, tyres, dynamos, bonnets and accumulators"
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2013, 05:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    It goes along with "wings, tyres, dynamos, bonnets and accumulators"
    I used to have a Triumph car and had a Bently Manual for it (than goodness for pictures I learned the Birtish terms for all the parts)... and was familiar with most of the Terms used in houses for furnature and stuff... just not that one.

Cooker (stove) and Sideboard (china cabinet) being a few other differences between American and Queens English.

Yes I remember a heated argument on a home inventory (I rented a furnished place for 5 years in Tuscany Italy off a Sicilian who worked in the Factories in London for 30 years) about what a Chandelier actually was... that involved Me dragging out a Websters Dictionary and them dragging out an Oxford dictionary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my downstairs bathroom sink get water in it when I use my upstairs bathroom [ 4 Answers ]

The sink in my downstairs bathroom backs up with water whenever I flush my upstairs bathroom toilet or run the water in its sink. The back up water is dirty and has debri in it. I tried clearing the drain in the downstairs sink from any hair or what have you and I tried some sort of liquid...

Running hot water in bathroom pipes bang and water stops! [ 4 Answers ]

My hot water pipes in the bathroom start banging then stop the water flow every time they are turned on. It doesn't happen in the kitchen.

Water flow in 1 bathroom is very low including the shower, kitchen hot water [ 2 Answers ]

In one bathroom the water flow in the sink is very low including the shower. Also the kitchen hot water is very slow but the other bathroom is working great. What's wrong, please help thanks

My bathroom tub gurgles when I have water draining from the bathroom sink.. [ 2 Answers ]

My bathroom tub gurgles when I have water draining from the bathroom sink.. In addition, I will occasionally get some black specks that will burp out of the sinks overflow drain hole.. Any suggestions on where to start looking to correct these problems?

Bathroom water pressure vey poor from cold water storage tank [ 1 Answers ]

Bathroom toilet is very slow to fill up also cold water tap in bathroom when turned on has little or no water coming out of it.can you reply staight away please.

View more questions Search