Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kharris485 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2013, 10:06 PM
    Shower low pressure
    Howdy,
    I'm getting low pressure from my shower, we have a Kohler K-670-ks valve body(see link).

http://www.efaucets.com/f/kohler-k-670-ks-na.shtml

The valve body has two stops on it. Each stop has a 3/8" square drive. I'm wondering if I turn these stops, will they allow more or less water through. Kohler has voluntarily sent me a new thermostatic valve, under warranty. The box store folks and portions of the Internet inform me that changing the thermostatic valve should take care of the low pressure problem. Still, those stops won't let me sleep! I want to turn them! I got to turn them!
    Dave
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 15, 2013, 02:01 PM
    Hi Dave

Turning the integral stops INWARD will open the stops full open... turning outward shuts water flow off... ;)

So get this monkey off your back and turn away, turn away!

If that fails to fix the issue you can try removing the shower head and running water without the shower head in place and if you get superior volume/pressure you can consider cleaning the head OR removing the flow restrictor in the head... may also resolve the issue.

Otherwise, replacing the thermostatic valve mechanism may be required, but I'd start at all of the above first!

Good luck!

Mark

Aug 15, 2013, 11:26 PM
    Thanks,
    Will try all of the above, thermostatic valve is free so it'll go in for good measure.
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Aug 16, 2013, 05:24 AM
    Why not make the adjustments before changing the valve. If the adjustments work then put the valve somewhere until us actually need it for a repair.

Aug 16, 2013, 12:00 PM
    Ok!

Aug 18, 2013, 08:31 PM
    Removed the little oRing in the shower head and that took care of the low pressure problem. Now we can't get cold water out of the shower no matter which way I turn the stops. Replaced the Thermostatic valve and still not enough cold water. Stuck again.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 19, 2013, 05:44 AM
    I'm going to guess that the temperature limiting device needs to be adjusted. Check out this link for information on your valve and how to adjust the temperature setting:

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatal.../1041158_5.pdf

Scroll down to page 6 and 7 for hot water adjustment (which should restore cold water flow).

Let me know how you make out, OK?

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you fix low pressure at the shower head when good pressure present at faucet? [ 1 Answers ]

Good hot and cold water pressure at faucet but when switched to shower, temperature of water drops drastically (minimal hot water coming through) and water pressure is very low. Shower head has been switched, mesh has been cleaned of any debris, and black rubber ring has been changed. What can I...

Low water pressure-copper pipe-city pressure has been checked-pressure low at any fix [ 20 Answers ]

Low water pressure copper pipe low at all fixtures and faucets. City has checked pressure. They installed new shutoff in streetalso. They checked meter and was OK. I am orignal owner feed from street is 3/4".copper house also. House built in 1972. Problem started 6 months ago. I am at whits...

Great pressure when cold, low pressure when hot. What's wrong with my shower? [ 1 Answers ]

Great pressure when cold, low pressure when hot. What's wrong with my shower?

Low pressure in one shower, high pressure in the next [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I purchased my first home about 4 months ago, and one of the first things I noticed upon moving in was that the shower valve in the master bath leaks unless you really crank the thing hard. Now over the last few months the water pressure in that shower (master bath) has been getting...

High pressure at sink, low pressure at shower [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My sink in the bathroom has good solid water pressure. Next in the circuit is the toilet, which also has good pressure at the angle valve. The shower, however has terrible pressure. I have removed the head, and the pressure out of the shower neck is no better. Shower neck exits the...

View more questions Search