Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mummyof1 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2013, 03:47 PM
    Can conceiving be affected by blood types of mother and father?
    Are the chances of conceiving lower if you and your partner have different blood groups?
    I have B+ blood and my partner it O- are our chances lower?
    And is it harder to conceive baby number 2 than baby number 1?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 14, 2013, 03:50 PM
    Blood groups shouldn't present a problem. If they did very few couples would get pregnant.

On the positive side, you are Rh positive, so that's good for you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 15, 2013, 08:36 AM
    Should not have any effect that would be noticed.

It can take a healthy couple over a year to become pregnant.

Are you tracking ovulation though medical testing ?

Aug 21, 2013, 03:08 PM
    I am tracking ovulation through ovulation tests. I also haven't ovulated this month. Could that be a sign of pregnancy?
    Expert

Aug 21, 2013, 03:11 PM
    The first sign of pregnancy is a missed period.

Aug 21, 2013, 03:20 PM
    I'm due on my period on 25th normally I have no discharge a week leading up but I'm still getting a thick milky discharge when I wipe. With my first I never found out that I was pregnant till I was nearly 10 weeks could it be the same for #2?
    Expert

Aug 21, 2013, 03:27 PM
    It very well could be the same for #2. Every pregnancy is different. With my first two I found out I was pregnant at 6 weeks. With my third I didn't find out until I was almost 20 weeks, and found out I was pregnant with my 4th at 12 weeks.

Aug 21, 2013, 03:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    It very well could be the same for #2. Every pregnancy is different. With my first two I found out I was pregnant at 6 weeks. With my third I didn't find out until I was almost 20 weeks, and found out I was pregnant with my 4th at 12 weeks.
    This has been really helpful thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can a father with blood group B+ and a mother with blood group B+ give a baby with O- [ 3 Answers ]

My both parents have the same blood group which is B+ and I am O- ! How can this happen?

If the mother has a blood type child has o negative what blood type would the father [ 3 Answers ]

If I have a child with O negative blood and I am A positive would the father have to be O negative as well

Father blood type ab, mother a ; is it possible for 1 child to have 0? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband is AB, I'm A ; one of our girls is A , one is 0 , one is unknown. What are the possibilities of this unknown blood type?

Can a man father 3 children with 3 different blood types? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband has A- blood his full sister has B- blood and his half brother has A+ blood. Is it possible to have one father for all 3 siblings? And what blood type is possible (for father) in order to do this?

View more questions Search