Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DaveClough Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2005, 03:42 PM
    Bathroom sink Drains into #2 sink
    I have bathroom sink drain problems. The master bath sink drains into the shared bathroom sink which is located directly on the other side of the wall. I recently remodeled the bathroom and the only difference in the plumbling is a horizontal length of pipe I added to accommodate the new sink location. This horizontal modification section is in the shape of an "L" (on it's side) and is eight inches long, each run.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2005, 04:50 PM
    We will see what Tom has to say, but it sounds to me like some debris found their way into the drain during the work, at least partly blocking the vertical drainpipe in the wall. Try snaking it. If you have trouble getting past the trap or tee in the wall, try coming down from vent on the roof.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 5, 2005, 05:57 PM
    Bathroom sink Drains into #2 sink
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveClough
    I have bathroom sink drain problems. The master bath sink drains into the shared bathroom sink which is located directly on the other side of the wall. I recently remodeled the bathroom and the only difference in the plumbling is a horizontal length of pipe I added to accommodate the new sink location. This horizontal modification section is in the shape of an "L" (on it's side) and is eight inches long, each run.
    That's a no brainer. If the first lavatory drains into the second one and doesn't go down the stack then the stack is blocked the water has no place to go but into the other lav. The answer is to go on the roof and snake the vent. You MUST come down the vent. You can't snake from either lavatory, if you snake from lav # one you'll end up in lav. #two. And the same if you go in the other way.
    Good luck, Tom
    DaveClough Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2005, 03:41 PM
    Thanks fellers! Wanted to be sure the horizontal pipe possibly wasn't at fault.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bathroom sink drains through floor not wall [ 9 Answers ]

Hello First, let me say this a great forum. I just found it and registered. I want to put in a Kohler Cimmaron pedestal sink in my bathroom. The only difficulty is that the existing drain goes through the concrete floor rather than curving into the wall. And, it is about three inches off...

Help with bathroom sink [ 3 Answers ]

Tom, Here is my problem. I want to replace my vanity and sink but the existing plumbing is to the left of the sink about 4-5" I want to put in. I attached a picture for you to look at. I was wondering if I could connect an angle stop the supply lines and then a flex hose to the faucet I want to...

Laundry Sink Drains Slowly [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. Great Forum with great answers! Our laundry sink is in the basement and has a 1 1/2" pvc pipe set up to drain the washer to the point where it is under the laundry sink. The laundry sink also drains out into the "V" pipe and fills up as the washer drains its water out. Problem: Sink...

New bathroom sink drains slowly [ 3 Answers ]

I am finishing my basement. Shower is done, toilet is done, just installed vanity, sink, faucet, and drain. But the sink drains really slow when there is a small amount of water in the sink. But if I fill up the sink fairly full, then open the stopper, the water drains very quickly. Two...

Combining Sink Drains [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm putting in a makeshift kitchenette on the first floor of my house. The sink is going in a closet that shares a wall with the bathroom. The water lines are already there, so that's no problem. However, There is no drain. I'm wondering if I can combine the drain to the kitchen sink...

View more questions Search