Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    populartime Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2013, 07:04 AM
    Is it worth buying food dehydrators?
    Serveral days ago I came across a recipe for fruit leather which made in a dehydrator,So I want to buy one,Do you own one?I need some suggestion.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 14, 2013, 07:18 AM
    I own one and love mine. I make beef jerkey, dried fruit candy, fruit leathers, etc. I'm actually on my second one. I burned out my first one. ;)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 14, 2013, 07:40 AM
    I owned one for years (before I moved to China) and loved it, it is worth it, if you use it for many things, if you buy it and put it on shelf, not it is not. I also did beef and chicken jerkey, dried fruit, and other dried items
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2013, 10:53 AM
    Above suggestions are all good, I use mine to dry out my Ghost Peppers, then sift through a stainless screen, and use it as pepper.
    This pepper was the Hottest in the world until The Trinidad Scorpion was introduced.
    The Ghost Pepper scares many people down here, after 1 flake, they will not put it on their food, However, put about 12 flakes on a Steak, Burger or whatever, and it has the BEST, Most amazing Flavor. Double this amount and it gets hot fast.
    People who Experience the flavor love it. Even if you don't like spicy or hot, the best flavor is at the lowest level, before the heat.
    Good Luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is the Violin worth buying? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to buy this violin: http://feinviolins.com/item_display.php?upc=V0AMATSTUDIO It's a reasonable price, comes with a bow, case and rosin. The problem is there are no pictures of the case or bow, and the company isn't really that well known. I don't know if I should buy it or not -...

Buying An Existing Small Fast Food Business [ 5 Answers ]

I'm interested along with 2 other friends in purchasing a small fast food outfit but we really don't know where to begin. I do understand that I will need to come up with a business plan/proposal for starters... if anyone can help me with this, I can get moving in the right direction.:)

How do I know if the silver I'm buying is worth the money [ 3 Answers ]

I have been buying old silver tea pots and such and would like to find out its value

Mom Keeps Buying me food not in the mood for [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I'm Joey and I'm 14 years old. Every time when my mom buys food.. whether its from a local groceries or from a fast food place.. it's always food I'm not in the mood for. I eat it but I don't remember any moment in my life that I ate something that I've liked and that has made me...

Is a sprinkler pump worth buying? [ 5 Answers ]

I don't have inground sprinklers, and can't afford them at this time, but I do love flowers and am having a hard time with watering. I have 5 different areas where I have planted the flowers and would like to run two hoses with attached sprinklers but, when I do this the pressure is obviously...

View more questions Search