Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    james101 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2013, 03:51 AM
    Can you grow out of epilepsy?
    A friend of mine said he used to have epilepsy but that didn't seem right to me if you have it then isn't that it? Like something your just born with?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 14, 2013, 04:04 AM
    There are different types, there is childhood, and something triggers it to show up, but it will often go away.
    Then there is others who get it for other reasons.

So yes, this is correct, they would have grown out of it.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 14, 2013, 08:12 AM
    I had seizures when I was 17 until I was about 28... I do not get them anymore. I grew out of them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Epilepsy help? [ 2 Answers ]

I was sent for tests due to having fits. The conclusion was that it could be 'temporal/frontal lobe epilepsy but it is not common in kids' and was dismissed. I was fourteen at the time. I am now almost eighteen and they have only gotten worse. The way I know they are going to happen is that a...

GROW hair DamN IT! Grow! [ 15 Answers ]

My hair length is about 1 inch long, I cut it about 2 years ago and continued to about every month, now I haven't cut or dyed my hair in about 2 months and it has not grown at all. I want it to grow!! What can I do, use, or whatever to get this growth process started!thanks

Refractory epilepsy [ 6 Answers ]

hi I'm 21 and I've been told I have got to the point where I have 2 more drugs and this is where they start calling it refractory epilepsy I have a choice between going for vns or surgery again or try these last 2 drugs 6 months for each I said to myself I still feel down in the dumps they said...

Dog epilepsy [ 14 Answers ]

Hi, My dog was having epilepsy problem, what should I do ? Something it can happen 3 time a day, mostly happen once a week. She is a 2 year old west highland terrier

View more questions Search