Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EreneD Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2013, 02:50 PM
    Should I complete my pre-quest for my major and then transfer to a university?
    I have completed a majority of the academic requirements for enrollment in the Nursing Program/ courses offered at my community college. There is over 30,000 students enrolled at the (CC). The nursing program randomly selects 50 students per semester. The universitie I want to transfers to has an agreement with my (CC). I need to complete at least 60 units before I can transfer, I have completed over 30 units. Would I be better off completing my (AS) first and then transferring over to receive my (BSN). I am currently 19, I am living on my own, and I have to rely on the finical aid provided from my (CC) because my parents disowned me while in high school. I have a part-time job that pays minimum wage.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 13, 2013, 03:13 PM
    I have found that it's best to complete one degree, i.e. ASN before moving on the next degree, i.e. BSN primarily because you are currently self-supportive. If you were go straight for your BSN and something happens, you have lost all of that time and effort.

Getting your ASN first will allow you to work in a hospital either full or part time while completing your BSN. Also, many hospitals will finance your tuition to go back for your BSN.

I am currently an ASN considering going back for my BSN, but I wouldn't make any more money with a BSN than I make with my ASN, and I make a very comfortable living.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Complete an incomplete degree/osmani university [ 0 Answers ]

I want o finish my degree. I'm a B.Sc.student of 2000-20003 batch studied in a college affiliated to Osmania university in Hyderabad. I finished my academic year (studied 3 years) but I have not completed my Degree. I have back-logs of Final year. Now I want to finish final year and get my degree....

Difference between undergraduate and pre-university [ 1 Answers ]

Can you tell the difference(s) between undergraduate and pre-university? Or is it the same thing? I need to know the difference in helping me to choose schools/universities in UK for my A-Level study next year...

Pre-Pharmacy Major [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a senior in high school and I'm going to college next year to major in pre-pharmacy. Does anyone have any personal experiences about this or being an actual pharmacist? I just want to know as much as I can.

Choosing university major [ 1 Answers ]

I want help in choosing majors under college of engineering. Is there any test that help me to choose the major, either in engineering or other colleges, that I study with feeling of happiness and satisfaction? By the way, I have a bachelor degree in industrial engineering and I attend to enter a...

View more questions Search