Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    naopiu1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2013, 02:52 AM
    How accurate is blood test for paternity
    Almost 20 years ago, my brother was served a court order to take a paternity blood test together with two other alleged fathers to a baby girl that they had supposedly fathered. One of the other two guys is a relative of ours while the other is his best friend. However, my brother was the only one who went in and received a result of 93.3%. The girl is now almost 20 years old and looks identical to one of the other two guy's daughters which happens to be a distant relative of ours. Anyhow, would it be possible IF the other two had gone in that one of them might get a higher percentage than my brother?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 13, 2013, 02:59 AM
    None are exactly l00%, 93.3 is about as good as it gets.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 13, 2013, 03:02 AM
    I have an adopted son, when asked, he looks much more like me, than my real son.

Looks mean nothing, esp since family appearance can go with the gene and DNA. If they looked just like a non family member, that may be more suspect.

But the issue should have been fought in court 20 year ago, and a demand of other people be made in court.

And why after 20 years does it matter. He should have been a father to the child all these years and would not want it changed if it was.

And there is little legally to do anyway.

But yes very reliable, and doubtful if this is not his
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Aug 14, 2013, 05:24 AM
    The laws vary from state to state.
    It is required 99% in some states, it is required95% in another states.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2013, 08:45 AM
    Its harder to get accuracy when they are distant relatives
    mvaovasa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2013, 10:38 PM
    Well, I guess because he was still young and immature and didn't know what else to do. He panicked and moved out of state because he wasn't serious with the girl to start with so it was a one-night-stand thing. So you could say he's a jerk because he never wanted to take care of her nor the mother. And then they started deducting half his pay check without knowing if it's really his or one of the other two. This just came up again when his wife saw his "alleged" daughter on Facebook and confided to me about it. I guess they want to look in to it again and IF it's not his, they can file a law suit with the state of Washington. But if it is his, then, his kids need to know that they have a sister out there.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 19, 2013, 03:07 AM
    Its too late to file a suit. And his kids should have been told about the girl long ago.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 19, 2013, 06:30 AM
    And if the parties are willing, they can of course do a DNA test now,
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 19, 2013, 07:17 AM
    I don't know about 20 years ago, but I believe that now DNA testing is usually done with saliva, not blood.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accurate pregnancy test [ 3 Answers ]

How long after sex can I take accurate pregnancy test

Is two months of pregnancy accurate to test [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I had sex last August 21, I had my last period last August 7-10, 2012. My period was delayed last September for 12 days. That's why I took home pregnancy test and the result was negative. My period lasted for four days and I am pretty sure it was not just spotting though it was not...

Blood typing paternity test accuracy [ 4 Answers ]

In early 1990 I had a paternity test with my boyfriend concerning my daughter. From October 1989 until after the blood test he had to receive numerous blood transfusions. He is now asking how he isn't her father because she resembles his family. My daughter and my xboyfriend now want a dna test....

Can anyone tell me which test is more accurate:a scalp hair test or a body hair test? [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me which test is more accurate: a scalp hair test or a body hair test. We have 2 test that were taken on the SAME day & 1 shows positive for methamphetamine and 1 shows negative. It should show negative! We are at a loss as to how a test that is so accurate has 2 different...

How soon can I take a pregnancy test and get and accurate result? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my partner had unprotected sex on the 23rd and the 24 th and 25th of march which is the day before and the day of and the day after my ovulation and every since then I have not been able to sleep and if I do I wake up every morning at 4 am and stay up till about 7am because I can't get...

View more questions Search