Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kezza94 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2013, 10:35 PM
    How fit do you have to be to join the army?
    I've always been a little overweight, and I don't exercise at all, and I was just wondering how fit you have to be to join.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 13, 2013, 01:49 AM
    Run 5 miles within a few weeks, do 100 push up and sit up and so on.

So start exercising
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2013, 02:53 PM
    Army Physical Fitness Test (APFT)
    MyMarine4 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2013, 12:48 PM
    You technically don't have to be fit to join. That's what BCT is for, but you'll have a much better time if you are fit coming in. If you want do something like special forces (Green Berets, Rangers) you have to be ridiculously fit going in.
    Swim 500m in under 8 min
    100 push ups in 2 min
    100 sit ups in 2 min
    25 pull ups straight
    Run 1.5 miles in under 8 min
    Those would be considered very good statistics going into RASP or SFAS.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can people with 'flat feet' join the Canadian Forces (Army) ? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to join, but my dad says you can't join if you have 'flat feet'. He was in the army in the 80's for 7 years. Have things changed since then? I have orthodox if that helps. Thanks.

Can I join the army opposed to serving 3 years probation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone out there, I had a question that I hope someone can answer for me. I kind of had a troubled youth, as a juvinile I have 3 felonies. One of them is theft 2nd degree, burglary 2nd degree, and taking a motor vehicle without the owners permission. These felonie occurred when I was 14,and 16...

Joint cusotdy agreement, I would like to join the Army. [ 4 Answers ]

I have joint custody with my ex husband, I have physical custody. This arrangement was established during our divorce in Maryland. We both agreed to relocate and modify visitation. I live in Ohio, but my ex lives in Colorado. Since our relocation, he has exercised very little of his visitation, he...

I want my boyfriend to join the army [ 6 Answers ]

I was reading about the benefits of joining the army.. as well as the possible struggles.. With both our personalities I believe the military life would be beneficial to us both, together. But how do I go about mentioning this to my boyfriend without him thinking I'm pushing the idea on him? He...

It's the army movie, I don't know the title. In the movie 6 guys met in the army and [ 1 Answers ]

It's the army movie, I don't know the title. In the movie 6 guys met in the army and their officer name was Sergeant? And one name was Jerome and another name was Epstein or something.. I just remember the movie name has two words. The first one starts with a B and the second also starts with a B....

View more questions Search