Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dabellinator Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Mar 26, 2007, 05:24 PM
    Should cloning be banned?
    I need everyone's opinion and views to weather cloning should be banned for my english project... so what do people think??
    asterisk_man Posts: 476, Reputation: 32

Mar 26, 2007, 06:01 PM
    I think that at least cloning someone else's answer into your english project should be banned (and probably is)
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Mar 26, 2007, 06:26 PM
    Well its really nice out today so yes I think we should clone this weather. -- Savage [had to post it, could not help myself]

Mar 26, 2007, 07:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by asterisk_man
    i think that at least cloning someone else's answer into your english project should be banned (and probably is)
    It's called qouting, and it isn't as long as I state my source... now be serious peoples
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2007, 07:26 PM
    You are in an English class and cannot spell quoting and whether. You need more help than a paper on whether cloning should be banned.

For the record - what kind of cloning - animal, cell, human, plant?
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Mar 26, 2007, 08:12 PM
    We are serious -- you have not posted a thing showing you have tried to make a effort -- so why should we?

Mar 26, 2007, 08:50 PM
    Leave my spelling out of this, I know it's crap, you don't need to tell me that. Now, I'm interested to know your opinion on the cloning of mammals... (Animals as well as humans)

Now, my effort has been in the actual writing of the argument. I'm saying that it should be banned, but need to have the opinion of others to include in the piece...
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2007, 05:27 AM
    Are you searching for the moral opinion based on religion or a scientific viewpoint?

Mar 27, 2007, 04:39 PM
    Both
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2007, 04:59 PM
    The moral standpoint would be that cloning is not acceptable. Reproduction in nature exists due the design of God. To play God, by cloning, is unethical.

Now from a scientific point of view - there is value in cloning. For example, stem cells and stem cell research.

But when man starts cloning animals, where does the law of natural selection fit in? Survival of the fittest, in species? When cloning humans - who gets to decide the traits and genetic codes to be reproduced? Who gets to play God?

Mar 27, 2007, 05:18 PM
    But what do "YOU" think??
    Uber Member

Mar 27, 2007, 05:32 PM
    Chuckles. I stand on the grounds that cloning is against the laws of God and nature. Once cloning starts, where does it end? Who decides when and where it ends? Who makes the decisions on whether cloning an individual is appropriate or not? To me, it is all left up to people who have too much control and not enough knowledge of consequences.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Mar 28, 2007, 11:05 AM
    I have no problems with cloning cells for research purposes. I have no problems cloning body parts and organs for medical transplants. I have no problems with genetically modifying foods or animals that can help solve the world's hunger problems. To me, these are "legitimate" applications of biololgy and genetic science that can help man-kind.

I do have a problem with cloning entire human beings. There is no need (right now) for humans to create fully grown clones of themselves. The knowledge to allow people to have children if they cannot do so naturally has been used for years (here I'm talking about artificial insemination and in vitro fertilization). Growing a full-sized human man or woman is wrong because it side-steps the natural life processes to becoming an individual.
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2007, 11:30 AM
    I can see some of the cloning, say for stem cell research and treatment. Cloning foods - if you can make them safer than what we get now in the markets. Not everyone has the space or ability to have their own gardens. Or cloning a breed of aniamsl that has a natural defesne against a disease. But that would be my absolulte line.
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Mar 28, 2007, 11:34 AM
    I think for the right reasons it is a good thing, what could be better than cloning organs so there would be parts that are guaranteed not to be rejected? And always there! It would be marvellous. Cloning entire people, well to me that is just senseless.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Banned from the mall [ 6 Answers ]

Hello Bhayne and ScottGem I spoke with the security manager of the mall that I was banned to go in for a year. He said if I want to resend the tresspass I have to write a letter explain the case and request for it and tell them why I request for that. I told him that because sometime I come...

Ma'am should be banned [ 28 Answers ]

Obviously no body likes to be called ma'am then why people using it? Women especially like to call other women with this ma'am thing just to piss you off. I think it should be considered offensive, banned and agist, I know some will say it is just respect term but no I do not think so because...

Banned from a store? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I wanted to ask a question, about 2 years ago I shoplifted, it was food from a grocery store when I was between jobs, since it was under $10 they didn't call the cops, I signed a document agreeing to pay a fine and they walked me out. On the way out they gave me the stero typical don't ever...

Cloning Samsung hard drive [ 1 Answers ]

Please state how to clone a Samsung hard drive

Cloning Hard Drive [ 2 Answers ]

HI What would be the best software to use for cloning a hard drive in a SME which currently uses about 15 computers?

View more questions Search