Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    writwrat BCB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2013, 11:21 PM
    How to remove or deactivate an unsued Brinks security alarm systemcontrol?
    A previous business had subscribed to Brinks's monitoring services; and installed a touchpad control and command center near the door, hardwired into thr eletrical system.

Now, the current owner doesn't subscribe to Brinks's service, and woulf like to defeat the (default?) setting thereby an offensively loud, piercing beep emanates from the control pad unit every 24 hours until the "cancel" button is pressed. The shrill whistling will continue incessently until the "cancel" is depressed; and will cease for precisely 24 hours, only to return until the cancellation procedure is repeated.

This procedure has become quite an annoyance over the last 8 years since Hurricane Katrina (2008). The present building owner/operator has not, and will not, subsccribe to Brink's services.

Is there any acceptable procedure for eliminating the annoyance; short of using fire-axes in a dull stupid rage? One wishes to minimize collateral damages... (well, one's boss wishes to avoid such a result, in point of fact). I myself am considering the use of my Hurricane Katrina/New Orleans front door skeleton key, which closely resembles a ten pound maul)
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2013, 04:46 AM
    Disconnect the hard wire and remove the backup battery.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ADT honeywel security galaxy z-12 alarm system won't stop beeping [ 2 Answers ]

ADT honeywel security galaxy z-12 alarm system won't stop beeping every 20 seconds ever since the phone line got disconnected. It is driving my family crazy! I've tried to call adt but I get told to send an engineer out to fix it. Yeah thanks at 130£ Can anyone help? Many thanks if you can

How would you account for Security Alarm Installation charges & Monitoring fees? [ 1 Answers ]

How do you account for the charges and fees Security Alarm companies book, involving the cost of equipment, the installation fee, and the monitoring fees? What do the journal entries look like? How is the revenue recognized?

No landline dial tone after removing home security alarm box? [ 22 Answers ]

Hello all, I removed the security alarm panel box and after had no dial tone to my landline. The system was not activated/operating for some time. Any one have any ideas of how to reconnect my phone line. I want to get rid of the alarm but keep the phone. Thanks in advance...

Transferring Brinks Alarm System to Non-Monitored System [ 5 Answers ]

I understand that when you cancel your Brinks-monitored security system that they come and remove their equipment (which you apparently don't own) or you can buy all their equipment for $500. The equipment removal exposes unpainted walls and previously-covered holes. Is it possible to install a...

Deactivate key board [ 3 Answers ]

I am using Presario 2500 laptop and having problem with on of the key in the keyboard. Even if I don't press += key it performs. So is there any way where I can deactivate my laptop keyboard and use an externel key board?

View more questions Search