Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loplop Posts: 51, Reputation: 2

Aug 10, 2013, 05:42 PM
    Does everyone have a friend?
    I must wonder, does everyone have a friend?
    I truly have no friends and no possibility of ever having even one.
    High-School, college, work etc. has come and gone and
    I am always alone. You would think everyone has a friend?
    But why don't I.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Aug 10, 2013, 05:45 PM
    Have you tried to be a friend to someone? You need to reach out to make friends and be a friend. Try doing some volunteer work. It's a great way to make a friend. If you like animals, find a shelter. They almost always need volunteers.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 10, 2013, 06:32 PM
    This seems a continuation of your other thread, and as was explained before practicing your people skill by interacting with others will give you the confidence to make connection on many levels, and you won't be so isolated.

Actually participating instead of just thinking, wishing, and hoping is sometime what's needed. Volunteering is a good start.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2013, 07:53 PM
    I am almost 60 and I really don't have any friends. I've known tons of people in my life but none I can really call friends where I call them or they call me and we do things together.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 10, 2013, 10:34 PM
    Most people have few real friends. And some people have none.. So if you want friends, you have to work on it

Aug 26, 2017, 01:50 PM
    I fancy this girl in my office, & we do completely different jobs & workplace-related interaction is limited to maybe once or twice in a month. Should I take the chance & politely ask her out? I know it is highly likely she will say no... but could not hurt? Right?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 26, 2017, 03:51 PM
    No, you don't ask someone out until you know them. Get to know her! Start with smiles and saying hi. Say how are you, and what a day, and after you get a sense of how willing she is to be friendly (a few days) say things like how nice she looks, or just tell her something about what a tough work day it's been for you.
    IF she continues to be friendly, THEN you ask her to do a little thing together, such as to sit outside at lunch time. She could have someone for all you know. You'll find out then. THEN you can say no harm done. The hurt is yours. It will be a lot easier if you don't jump into the deep end of the pool.

Aug 26, 2017, 04:09 PM
    Okay, that makes sense & I had already done the first part, & the comfortable next part would be doing something small together, but hanging out at lunch may not be for us. Any other suggestions?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2017, 05:04 PM
    Dunkin Donuts on Saturday morning.
    current pert

Aug 26, 2017, 05:11 PM
    Yes, a nice coffee shop, or ice cream, and go for a walk, and you can talk as you walk. That's always handy when you are new because you aren't sitting across from each other over-reacting to little facial expressions, and silences are less awkward.

And it isn't winter yet, even in Canada!

Aug 26, 2017, 06:52 PM
    It would seem my thoughts on this was a waste, since upon a check on recent social media it is clear she has a boyfriend. Well, better to not get rejected in person again & a less not to have hope.
    current pert

Aug 27, 2017, 03:35 AM
    So back to making friends for the sake of friends.
    Not only do you learn how to be socially comfortable, but you also meet friends of friends, and all of a sudden.... there she is.
    The love of my life was a customer where I worked.
    I always avoided getting romantically entangled with fellow workers, as do most people, wisely.

Aug 27, 2017, 05:36 AM
    Okay, will keep trying to make friends & gather courage & support from myself which is all I have, but not to be a downer, but it looks like she's really serious with them for like over five years, but I never saw any type of ring on her unless my radar was way off.
    current pert

Aug 27, 2017, 08:42 AM
    RING?? The odds of seeing a ring are very low.
    I never had an engagement ring.
    I have two wedding rings in a box. I never wore either one.
    The feel of a ring on my finger feels uncomfortable to me.

Good grief. People are friends, they date, they maybe get engaged, many just live together for years, they get married when they want kids and a home with a mortgage, LOL.
    As we hippies said in the 1960s, free your mind, expand your consciousness.
    JUST BE FRIENDLY with people you like, or might like, with everybody, men and women and kids and strangers.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teenage son lets 19 yr. Old friend drive parents car and the friend wrecks it. [ 5 Answers ]

The 19 yr. old is licensed and has his own insurance. He is at fault in the wreck. One of the passengers in the other vehicle conveniently discovers neck pain when the police arrive. How much liability will the parents insurance company have toward vehicle repair and who is responsible for the...

F your girl friend is telling her friend that she don't know if she love her boy frie [ 3 Answers ]

F your girl friend is telling her friend that she don't know if she love her boy friend or not,but she don't want to loss him,what is the meaning

My friend ed about my best friend I told my best friend and My friend found out [ 1 Answers ]

My friend wrote a letter to me saying why my best friend is not tlkin to her then she said that the only reason why my best friend is stuck to me is because she doesn't have any friends. I knew that my friend es about everybody even me... My best friend already knows what my friend says about her...

View more questions Search