Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    billyb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2007, 05:06 PM
    Interest Rate Effect
    Go to table 10-1 which is based on bonds paying 10 % interest for 20 years. Assume interest rates in the market ( yield to maturity) decline from 11 % to 8%:
    a. what is the bond price at 11%
    b. what is the bond price at 8%
    c. what would be your percentage return on investment if you bought when rates 11 % and sold when rates were 8 %
    billcrump Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2007, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by billyb
    Go to table 10-1 which is based on bonds paying 10 % interest for 20 years. Assume interest rates in the market ( yield to maturity) decline from 11 % to 8%:
    a. what is the bond price at 11%
    b. what is the bond price at 8%
    c. what would be your percentage return on investment if you bought when rates 11 % and sold when rates were 8 %
    If interest rate go up what will be the effect of my bonds

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Interest Rate Risk [ 2 Answers ]

Consider three bonds with 8% coupon rates, all selling at face value. The short-term bond has a maturity of 4 years, the intermediate-term bond has maturity 8 years, and the long-term bond has maturity 30 years. Which web site will be helpful for me to understand more about bonds.

Effective interest rate [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a mortgage of $500,000 with a monthly payment of $2908.02 at interest rate of 5%, amortized over life of mortgage which is 25 years. The effective monthly rate is then 0.4124%. We also incur $50,000 in transaction costs that is paid as a lump sum when the mortgage originates. On...

View more questions Search