Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harryeames Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2005, 08:09 AM
    Settings
    I have Windows XP on a Dell 2400. When I open a web page it only fills half of my desktop and I have to click in top righthand corner to enlarge it. Is there a setting which open the page fullscreen immediately?
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Feb 5, 2005, 11:27 AM
    Typically when this happens, all you have to do is maximize the window and then click on the X to close the window and the next time you click on a link to a site, the computer should remember to maximize the window automatically. This has always worked for me but sometimes you have to repeat the procedure a couple of times.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2005, 07:03 AM
    Full screen
    Hi,
    Here is something else to try, if the other Expert's idea doesn't work.
    Use your mouse left key, hold down, and drag the edges to the edges of your computer screen.
    Then, DON'T click on the X in the upper right hand corner.
    Click on File at the top left, then click on Close.
    Sometimes, this works when the X will not work.

It should then remember to open all windows fully maximized.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    harryeames Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2005, 08:30 AM
    Settings
    Have followed your instructions - puter now behaving impeccably! Thanks for your help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carburetor settings on Craftsman Eager-1? [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone have a Craftsman Eager-1 lawn mower. I disassembled the carburetor and I can't remember the settings for the throttle and governor switch. Now it runs but is continually dying until I reprime and start back up. UGHH! You don't need to know anything about the carb.. . Just a picture...

Security settings [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I can't seem to view pages when I click on pages for shopping or other sites that redirects me to a secure site. Anyone know how to fix the problem? Currently explorer is in 128 encription and all security settings in internet explorer option is selected (SSL, etc) and I can surf the web...

Monitor Settings [ 1 Answers ]

Hey hey! I was just wondering if, using windows XP, there is a way to set my colour scheme to simply black and white? Thank you. :eek:

Display Settings. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I'm having a problem changing my screen area size and colors on my display settings. The current color settings are 16 colors, and the screen size is 640 x 480. I've tried changing them both, and then a screen pops up and says that Windows must restart before the new settings take...

View more questions Search