Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrianaMD Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2013, 10:46 PM
    Just received my (BSN), is this a good way to build up my resume
    I am currently 26 years old and I recently graduated. I only have a few months of actual experience outside of college. Most hospitals aren't looking for someone with no experience because it cost more to train them. I was considering becoming a nurse's aid, LPN or volunteering until I can gain some more experience.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 9, 2013, 11:10 PM
    You got your BSN in nursing? And you want to go back to school to be an LPN? That doesn't sound right.

I graduated nursing school and 3 days later was working in Labor & Delivery.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 10, 2013, 02:17 AM
    I'm not a nurse but I too am amazed that you weren't hired immediately. Where do you live? Did anything go wrong with your 'few months' of experience?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 10, 2013, 03:03 AM
    The school you graduated from should have a recruitment office,

There are lists of places looking for RN's, if you are looking at just one hospital, that may be issue.

There are nursing homes, there are doctors office, and all sorts of places. But no, there is no reason to do anything but be a nurse.
    Expert

Aug 10, 2013, 02:22 PM
    Chuck, most legitimate schools of nursing do not have recruiting offices. They have job fairs during the last semester of school before graduation.

It appears that the OP is wanting to take two steps back by wanting to be a CNA or an LPN, rather than moving forward with the degree she has now.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 10, 2013, 11:12 PM
    Would not the BSN be though a university ? Do they not do placement ?
    Expert

Aug 11, 2013, 01:35 AM
    No, most universities do not do placement. It is up to the graduate to find employment after graduation as most graduates hold professional licenses.

Now, many technical and vocational schools assist with placement as their graduates typically graduate with certifications. Aside from LPN's for one example.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I build a good relationship with my husband's kids? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello. I have been married to my second husband for four years now. I have an older son who is now 9 years old from my previous marriage. I also have another little boy who just turned two and happily expecting my third child by January 2011. My husband has three kids from a prior marriage also....

BSN how do I . [ 1 Answers ]

I have 57 ungrad units from a jc.. very few that are in the pre-rec for nursing. I was a business major and have had a true change of heart. What is the simplest transition to get my bsn? I'm in CA, what programs would you recommend?? And how long would you project it would take me with my past...

My husband is looking for good job can someone critique his resume? [ 4 Answers ]

Attached is a my husband's resume in 2003-2007 Microsoft Word format. Thank you so much for helping us out. He has never had to make a resume before, and I have always worked for my grandparents. I just took a class that had a section on resumes, but I am still too unsure of myself to rely on...

Good time to build [ 2 Answers ]

With the economic slowdown and pending recession looming, are building materials on the rise (inflationary) or on the decrease? We are building a new home, but didn't know if we should wait or if now would actually be a good time to build.

I'd like to get any kind of feedback on BSN's Nitrix [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone know if BSN Nitrix works?

View more questions Search