Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Aera Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2013, 10:21 PM
    Weight loss for overweight teen
    I'm 5'4 and I weigh 194 lbs. I'm very insecure and school starts in a couple of weeks. I guess you can say I'm the girl nobody sees but this year I want to change that. I need ways to lose weight fast.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 9, 2013, 10:25 PM
    Get up about a hour earlier and walk every morning and evening. Try to get more active doing other things.

Stop eating any junk food, and stop all fast foods. Try eating only fresh foods, no fried items.\
    Get with your mom since she will also need to help start fixing better meals at home perhaps
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 9, 2013, 10:29 PM
    You can't do it fast. (It didn't get put on you fast.)

Of course, stop eating and drinking foods containing sugar and corn syrups. Avoid white foods like wheat products, rice, potatoes (especially with butter or sour cream on them), and walk, walk, walk.

Actually, your best way to do this is to go to your doctor for a check up, and get a referral to a nutritionist who will set up a food plan so that you will get all the nutrients you need for growth and you will also be accountable to someone.
    keeks143 Posts: 149, Reputation: 3

Aug 15, 2013, 11:10 AM
    It's actually dangerous to drop weight too quickly.
    But:
    Cut out too much of the sugars
    Avoid processed food as these contain high levels of salt
    When cooking, add the salt WHEN COOKING and not to the food afterwards
    Avoid sweets unless as a treat
    Eat more fruit and veg
    Swap cheap pork and fatty meat for leaner meat like turkey
    Try cycling and swimming, they both burn calories and aid weightloss without you feeling it too much

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Teen weight loss [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 14, 5'4", and I weight 176 lbs. My family and I are having a biggest loser competition. I really want to win the money prize. I have to lose 50 lbs before the end of the summer, but I want to lose 10 lbs before June 1 because that is my graduation. Someone please help me ASAP!

I am an over weight teen and I would like to loss weight [ 9 Answers ]

Hi guys and gals. I am 17 yrs old. And have been overweight ever scense I can remember (all my life) and I really would like to finally loos weight I mean I am comfortable with myself but I know I need to get healthy Any tips?

Teen weight loss [ 0 Answers ]

Well I'm 15 5'10 and weigh 218 and I don't that's a good thing and I'm very self conscious about it and I'm active I'm always riding my bike not eating a lot and I'm still like fat and the kind of bike riding I do is very strenuous it's bmx freestyle and racing could someone tell me what I could do...

Teen weight loss in a month. [ 6 Answers ]

Please help! I am 17yrs. Old and I have a senior trip coming up in may. I want to lose weight so that I can look good in my bathing suit. I am a little self conscious of my weight. :o I am 5"8 and 186 pounds. :eek: I think I am suppose to be around 160. I would do what ever it takes. And Im not...

Teen looking for your opinion on weight loss [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, I have 79 more days of summer to lose weight. I need to know the following Okay, my target areas are my stomach, my thighs, and my butt Do you think walking 1 mile 3 days a week and no eating sugar will cut it off? Please if there's anythuing you think I could do I wan the best...

View more questions Search