Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 16, 2013, 04:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    I just double checked all my info in the RAW and my ISO was at 100 for all the photos. I too thought maybe I had slipped it to auto on accident. These photos were cropped, but not to the degree that they look like they have been. It's a new lens and I haven't had this grainy issue with any others but these.

I typically don't sharpen images up too often and that goes for these as well. I understand they are gonna be blurry....I didn't have time to get my tripod out for these, but I was disappointed with the grain. Hmmm....thanks for the input!
    The reason the photos have a fuzzy background is because it was shooting at F/1.8. exp 1/640 sec.

That is extremely short depth of field. There is nothing wrong with your camera or the picture.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Sep 1, 2013, 06:40 PM
    I finally figured out what was causing the unwanted noise in the picture. I double checked my edited RAW and the sharpness was ALL the way up. Big no no for a cropped picture!
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 2, 2013, 06:17 AM
    Maybe Im getting mixed up here but what exactly are you calling "noise" ?

Sep 2, 2013, 07:00 AM
    The graininess of the picture. Nothing to do with the bokeh in the background. The bokeh is one of my favorite things about the 50mm!
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 2, 2013, 08:05 AM
    Maybe my monitor is making corrections. But it doesn't appear grainy here. Not like low level lighting causes.
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 17, 2013, 07:33 AM
    Here is something interesting that a member here might appreciate ;)

Notice anything familiar looking in the pictures?

20 Unique Animals That You Won't Believe Actually Exist

Nov 17, 2013, 09:15 AM
    Lol, it's the one insect I find beautiful.
    Internet Research Expert

Nov 17, 2013, 12:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    Lol, it's the one insect I find beautiful.
    See, I told you that you can take quality pictures, It is all in the mindset and the eye of the beholder. I thought of this thread when I saw the list :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Critique my pictures? [ 15 Answers ]

Still getting the hang of my camera and the different ways to shoot. We're going to Disney World in November and I thought I'd practice some shots of fireworks. Any photo buffs want to take a look and give me some pointers or critique? Thanks... Flickr: hiltyjason's Photostream

How do I fix my 24 foot round pool that is out if round on opposite sides [ 0 Answers ]

My pool is 24 ft round,but is now 24 from side to side,but on other end to end is 2-3 inches wider. Outing allot of stress on liner,and has torn it. Do I need to pull apart wall and fix frame? I've cut foam and added to deeper parts of wall,still seems it may need more adjustments?

Can I replace swim pool botom rail from 24 ft round with 21 ft round pool rails? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 24 ft round pool & bottom rails R rusted through , Can I use the bottom rails from a 21 ft round pool to replace the bad ones ? Thanks

Critique my paper [ 1 Answers ]

I am a returning college student and need someone to critique my essay. This is elementary English so it's not a very long or detailed paper. It has been over ten years since I sat in a classroom and English was my worst subject.

Need your critique [ 27 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I just saw a contest in my local paper. They're asking people to send in their short stories, essays, anything that they've written. The prize is $100 and the chance to write an article every month for their paper. I wrote this little essay which I plan to send in. I could use...

View more questions Search