Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    srmchenry Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2013, 08:07 PM
    Truck will not start
    I have a 1997 S10 that will crank, but not fire. It was stalling on my way home the other day, and when I pulled in the driveway it stalled and wouldn't start again. I just put a new fuel pump in, but still no luck. Any ideas?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2013, 09:02 AM
    The Ignition Control Module (ICM) may be bad--easy to replace.
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Aug 10, 2013, 06:37 PM
    And change the fuel filter. Just changing the pump is like changing one sock

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

74 chevy truck will turn over but won't start. Will start with starter fluid but won't [ 1 Answers ]

My 74 chevy pickup sat over the winter and now it won't start. I was running just fine before I let it sit. It turns over but won't start. If I use starter fluid, it will start but won't stay running. I don't smell gas in the carb either. I'm thinking it's the fuel pump or the filter. Problem...

My truck will not start [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remove an alternator from a 2001 Dodge Dakota truck and do I have to reprogram the computer chip in my truck if I do so? My truck won't start, I really don't know if it's the battery or alternator causing the problem.

Truck won't start [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 89 Chevy Silverado 3500. It will not start. When you turn the key over it just clicks. I have put a new starter on it and that did not fix the problem. Any ideas on what might be wrong with it?:confused:

Truck won't start again. [ 1 Answers ]

My son has a 1988 Chevy 3500 series pickup. Recently we had replaced the fuel filer & fuel pump. This seemed to fix the problem. Two months later we replaced the computer and purchased a new batter and re-attached the fuel line because we were told it "blew off". Now two months later - the...

My truck won't start [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1997 Chevy Chynne (sp) that will trun over but will not crank. I drive it daily to work and have had no trouble with it. This morning it would not crank, I tried to jump it off but nothing...

View more questions Search