Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SK1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2007, 04:33 PM
    Making varsity and improving in off-season
    I'm a 5'5'' 115lb freshman and I want to play for my high school girls basketball team as PG or SG. My parents didn't let me play this year or in middle school but they will let me play next year (they let me play tennis so I could play a sport but they wouldn't let me try out for basketball)

I really want to play for the varsity team next year. I have never played for school but I've played outside of school and have been told that I could be really good if I work hard and practice hard. Is it realistic for me to make the varsity team? What should I be doing now to make the team next year as a sophomore? Also as a guard what should I be working hard and practicing on so I can make the team and do well? THANKS!
    SK1 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2007, 04:47 PM
    --
    AHAWK Posts: 10, Reputation: 0

Mar 26, 2007, 06:18 PM
    It depends how good you are and what level high school you are playing for. If you are at a 1A school being quick with some ball handeling skills may land you a spot. In a 2A high school the competetition is going to be better you may need to understand the concepts of the game along with the other two things. At a 3A or a 4A you would have to be exceptional to make the team considering you have never played organized basketball. I have played at a 1A high school and a diviion I AA team. I didn't play organized until the 7th hrade and I had a difficult time making my high school team. I was extremely quick and could dribble very good. You shold work on dribbling and building quickness. Shooting a layup with deadly accuracy will also help
    magicrain09 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2008, 02:32 PM

I think that if you try out your at least doing yourself justice I mean you could be amazingly good with practice and not know it so I say you should try out you never know? Ps you sound like a sg to me
    laxgoalie77 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2008, 05:43 PM

Practie dribbling with both hands, shooting from the top of the key, lay ups, a lot more lay ups, and defense position. And last do some studder steps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to make it on the varsity basketball team [ 5 Answers ]

Hello Well I'm writeing to see if I can get any tips or secerets on how to make the varsity team please help me Here's a little about me I am 6"1 inch tall and I weight 155 and I'm only 15 years old and I am a sophomore in hig school And what would be my best possison on the team caus in the...

Varsity Cheerleader [ 9 Answers ]

Ohla! Hi, my name is feistabarbie,and I am completely clueless when it comes to cheerleading! So I hope you guys can help me out and answer or give opinion on my questions! Okay , here is my question.In about a year I will be trying out for VArsity cheerleader.I have never been a cheerleader,...

Varsity Tryout Information [ 5 Answers ]

All right you, here is what I have to have for the Varsity cheerleader tryouts. 1.A killer dance routine 2.Atleast a roundoff backhandspringbackhandspring or a roundoff backhandspring toetouch 3.A toetouch(pref 2 in a row)a herkie, a front hurdler So if anyone has any advice,opinions or...

Varsity Next season [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I have a question since basketball season was over. I been doing track and I been doing so much better with my running skills. I doing so much with my endurance and stamina. Since track season is over now. I been concentrating with basketball and been practicing and I getting ready for the...

About Varsity [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I really having some problems and my problem is what am I going to do when next year basketball season because I don't if I want to try out j.v again or varsity and see I'm going to be a junior next year, and if I try out for varsity, I know that I'm not going to get any playing timr because...

View more questions Search