Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tenderman Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2013, 03:51 AM
    Does military service help with getting a good job?
    Hi I am planning to join the army or the marine a few years from now and I was wondering the benefits of going to college before enlisting? And also do most people get a good job after they leave the marine or army if they graduated from college?
    Thank you
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2013, 05:37 PM
    College first, officer school next. Join first you'll be a grunt!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2013, 05:45 PM
    My son was in the Army 5 years, He now is a wildfire fighter on the west coast, My daughter was in the Air Force, She now is a mechanic for Gulf Stream, They sell retired military planes to rich people. There are career magazines especially for people out of the servic
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 8, 2013, 08:41 PM
    There are ROTC programs at most colleges, and officer training school. So do you prefer management or worker positions.

Looking for a job, saying you were a Captain may go further than saying you were a corporal or sgt ( not that the Sargent don't actually run the army, but it is not the same on a resume.

Many places will look good at you, if you have military training and have some years of military service. **also military is a great career, and staying in can be a great option.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Military service within EU [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Finland, and I am currently having trouble finding information regarding military service. Finland is a part of the European Union, therefore I am wondering if it's possible to conduct my military training in another EU nation, namely England. Since after my education here is complete, I...

Military service [ 1 Answers ]

My son is just now 20 years old. He has been convicted of domestic battery on me. He is living back at home. Can he join any branch of the military since he was convicted so young (18)?

Past Military Service? [ 2 Answers ]

How can I verify an applicant's claim to past military service?

Military Service [ 10 Answers ]

Hey guys, I'm new to this board and thought I would just ask your advice if that's OK? I'm currently 20 years old and I have had enough with civilian life, I need something more and have decided to join the British Royal Marines as a standard commando, I've thought a lot about it and I don't care...

Can I ask to get off probation for military service [ 1 Answers ]

Well I'm on summary probation in my county for DUI. Is there anyway to ask court to terminate it for military service??

View more questions Search