Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2013, 07:48 PM
    Opm... hmmmmm!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2013, 04:05 AM
    as opposed to the left that loves to be benevolent and philanthropic with other people's money
    What does that have to do with the discussion?
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2013, 06:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    What does that have to do with the discussion?
    It was a direct answer to your question.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 6, 2013, 06:48 AM
    So have we come to agreement that corporations can get their taxes zeroed if the finance the entire education system?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2013, 07:18 AM
    Corporations should not be taxed as it means that they pass on the price to the consumers. Economists recognize that the distribution of the burden of such taxation falls ultimately on individuals and not on corporations.

Besides they aren't people right ? How can they pay taxes if they are not people ?
    Expert

Sep 6, 2013, 07:43 AM
    That's not what SCOTUS said, and you know it. And they can be taxed, and you know that too, so keep it real.

Geez why are you balking at a solution that benefits all of us?
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2013, 08:21 AM
    There is enough incentive for government and business to reach out and come to an agreement . As you see ;the opposition to this does not come from conservatives.
    Expert

Sep 6, 2013, 08:25 AM
    No such plan is before the congress, if you know of one that us liberals oppose link it please.
    Ultra Member

Sep 6, 2013, 08:28 AM
    It is not a Federal issue. States and local governments should be making their deals with businesses because the Federal government has no constitutional mandate to get involved in education. Indeed ;where these deals are in process ,it was local goverments that made their independent deals .
    Expert

Sep 6, 2013, 10:11 AM
    I can go with such state experiments, but am seeing glitches to be solved as I pointed out in Louisiana and funding battles with their own state courts. So far not many have reached out to corporate financing, and are just shifting money from state budgets.

Again if you know different please provide some links.
    Tuttyd Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Sep 7, 2013, 04:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    there is enough incentive for government and business to reach out and come to an agreement . As you see ;the opposition to this does not come from conservatives.

Exactly. Makes good sense to me.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2013, 02:54 PM
    Brain washing!
    Expert

Sep 12, 2013, 02:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.yet View Post
    Brain washing!
    Explain. Got links?
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2013, 03:52 PM
    Remember where Holder's DOJ sued Louisiana over their school voucher program? Well they graciously dropped their suit. Sort of. Now they just want to tie it up in red tape and regulations instead.

BATON ROUGE – In a ruling today regarding a motion to intervene in the suit against the Louisiana Scholarship Program, United States District Court Judge Ivan Lemelle stated the Department of Justice has abandoned its previous request that the Court permanently stop the scholarship program. Governor Jindal said that the Department of Justice abandoning its attempt to halt the scholarship program is a victory, but he warned that the Department of Justice's new strategy could "red tape and regulate the program to death."

Governor Jindal said, “We are pleased that the Obama Administration has given up its attempt to end the Louisiana Scholarship Program with this absurd lawsuit. It is great the Department of Justice has realized, at least for the time being, it has no authority to end equal opportunity of education for Louisiana children.

“However, we will continue to fight, at every step, the Department of Justice’s new Washington strategy to red tape and regulate the program to death.

The Department of Justice’s new position is that it wants bureaucrats in Washington to have the authority to decide where Louisiana children get an education.

“The centerpiece of the Department of Justice's 'process' is a requirement that the state may not tell parents, for 45 days, that their child has been awarded a scholarship while the department decides whether to object to the scholarship award. The obvious purpose of this gag order would be to prevent parents from learning that the Department of Justice might try to take their child’s scholarship away if it decides that the child is the wrong race.

“The updated Department of Justice request reeks of federal government intrusion that would put a tremendous burden on the state, along with parents and teachers who want to participate in school choice.”
    That's right, poor black children in Louisiana will have a chance and a choice to get out of a failing school over Holder's dead body!
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2013, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Remember where Holder's DOJ sued Louisiana over their school voucher program? Well they graciously dropped their suit. Sort of. Now they just want to tie it up in red tape and regulations instead.

That's right, poor black children in Louisiana will have a chance and a choice to get out of a failing school over Holder's dead body!

Are you sure that doesn't work the other way around
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2013, 04:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    are you sure that doesn't work the other way around
    I know what I said.
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2013, 04:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    I know what I said.

Yes I saw your emphasis, but it may just as easily mean they wanted to make sure that white students didn't receive a greater number of scholarships than their numbers warranted
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2013, 05:23 PM
    The Louisiana system was designed to benefit minority students. So of course the Obots oppose it . Why?. because the teacher's unions don't like it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fair and balanced public education system [ 85 Answers ]

Philadelphia student says teacher mocked her for wearing Romney shirt - Philly.com Guess it is only OK, if it is the Democratic view point talked about in schools. I guess by controlling the teachers union you teach the kids only what you want them to know, so they will be your future voting...

Budget for Pk-12 public education [ 0 Answers ]

What is the total budget expenden on pk-12 public schooling in the US

Life's education or Formal Education - Which is more valuable, and why? [ 7 Answers ]

I know both are equally valuable on their own, but what if a person had to choose one or the other? I'm curious about how others view individuals that have had to make this decision.

View more questions Search