Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ssammied_D Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2013, 12:51 PM
    Bump on the side of my belly piercing
    I have a bump on my belly button piercing and I have no idea what it is. I use salt water once a day to clean it and too see if that will make it go away but it doesn't seen too be working. Could the salt water be the cause of the bump?
    How would I get rid of the bump ?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 8, 2013, 02:30 PM
    No, salt water would not cause it. It is scar tissue:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...849.htm‎

After opening the link, enter 'keloid' in the search feature.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 8, 2013, 05:23 PM
    I agree with Tickle, it sounds like a keloid. If that's the case, only a doctor can safely remove it. Been there done that.
    CassieElizabeth Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2013, 10:06 AM
    I agree with Tickle and Alty, Go buy some Tea Tree oil it helps get rid of keloids.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 12, 2013, 10:16 AM
    I agree with Tickle and Alty, Go buy some Tea Tree oil it helps get rid of keloids.
    This coming from a 13 year old. Nothing gets rid of a keloid aside from surgery, and that can even cause a bigger keloid.

Your heritage is instrumental in determining if the keloid will be removed or increase in size.
    keeks143 Posts: 149, Reputation: 3

Aug 15, 2013, 01:33 AM
    Keloid or hypertrophic scarring, not caused by the sea - salt either, justa result for trauma to the area. There isn't much you can do. I suggesy going to your gp/doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bump on my belly piercing [ 14 Answers ]

There's this little bump around my belly ring and I don't know if it's a keloid or not. I just got it a few days ago. I don't know if I should just take the belly ring out or if its better to leave it in. someone please help because I don't know what to do and I hope its not a keloid because I...

Flacid ugly bump over belly piercing [ 0 Answers ]

It has been a month since I got my belly piercing pierced (through a professional) and I noticed this bump which slowly began to form above my belly piercing hole. I have done tons of research about this but haven't got the right answer. Some say yes for the sea salt soak some say no some say it's...

I have a painful bump on the side of belly piercing [ 2 Answers ]

Well I got my belly pierced about two months ago and everythin was fine for the first month or so now I have a painful bump on the left side of my belly piercing and its not on top of the skin but under and at times it gets real big and very painful and then it goes down doesn't even look like it's...

There's a red bump on my belly piercing, is it infected? [ 1 Answers ]

I got my belly pierced a week ago. Ever since 2 days ago I have noticed that around the top hole a kind of "bubble" or bump has formed, it's red and some clear discharges have been coming out, rarely though. I don't know if its an infection, rejection or irritation. There is no pain and there's no...

View more questions Search