Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vimand Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2013, 10:22 AM
    Can a child leave care at 16
    My daughter was taken into foster care at 13 she now 15 wants 2 come home I've sorted my life after a 16 yr violent marriage now divorced off drugs I want here home I've got no money 2 take it back 2 court what can I do? Or can she come home at 16 ? I've raised my 18yr old girl she has done well at school and going 2 drama school but my 15yr old as gone off track in da last few months as she want to be home with her sis and me
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 8, 2013, 10:33 AM
    No, not until 18 (in the US), but you don't need money to ask the court to reconsider. Her foster family might even know how to get started.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2013, 10:33 AM
    Its not what she wants (she doesn't age out until 18)... but what CPS decides... YOU will have to convince them the problems are behind you and are able to handle it to their satisfaction.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2013, 12:42 PM
    CPS said my one son that was adopted at 12 could come home at 16. You have to ask but basically its 18
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 8, 2013, 11:04 PM
    She can not come home without a hearng and CPS permission. They will do home study, and perhaps require proof of home life.

Aug 8, 2013, 11:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    she can not come home without a hearng and CPS permission. they will do home study, and perhaps require proof of home life.
    I never signed a care order only a written agreement of which social services have breached a number of times ! I've kept to it what about the child's rights? As I have not got funds to take them back to court.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 9, 2013, 12:26 AM
    The rights of children do not include where/with whom they live.
    How much does it cost to file for a hearing?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 9, 2013, 01:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    CPS said my one son that was adopted at 12 could come home at 16. You have to ask but basically its 18
    I'm confused. How could a child that was adopted by another family, come back to you? Once the child is adopted, he's no longer your child, and your home is no longer his home.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2013, 03:24 AM
    Its just what they did in my case because he was taken as a pre teen, so I think its worth asking about. Also as the OP said they breached a lot of things they knew they were wrong for doing so I think they did some things 'as they wanted' to kind of make up for it.
    A lot of CPS is like a kangroo court where they make their own rules according to their feelings. I've talked to people all over the world and they all tell me similar things about how CPS pulls things on people wrongfully

Aug 10, 2013, 03:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    The rights of children do not include where/with whom they live.
    How much does it cost to file for a hearing?
    I'm not sure she is so unhappy and desperatly wants 2 come home she is getting into trouble wiv police I neva had any of that when she was with me her older sis as done excellent in my care its affecting her schoolin as well

Aug 10, 2013, 03:32 AM
    Its just what they did in my case because he was taken as a pre teen, so I think its worth asking about. Also as the OP said they breached a lot of things they knew they were wrong for doing so I think they did some things 'as they wanted' to kinda make up for it.
    A lot of CPS is like a kangroo court where they make their own rules according to their feelings. I've talked to people all over the world and they all tell me similar things about how CPS pulls things on people wrongfully
    I signed a written agreement not care order she isclassed as a looked after child nearly 15 she is going off the rails & is so unhappy.

Aug 10, 2013, 03:38 AM
    If adopted surely you have no pr anymore.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 10, 2013, 03:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by vimand View Post
    i signed a written agreement not care order she isclassed as a looked after child nearly 15 she is going off the rails & is so unhappy.
    You've said that before. The answer doesn't change. You either get someone higher up at CPS to release her from care or you go to court to get a court to order it.

At her age, her preference will be listened to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I leave foster care at age 15? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to leave the system and live independently, but I'm 15. Is that a possibility or do I have to wait until 16 to be independent

Splitting Payments for child care - do I pay directly to ex wife or day care? [ 5 Answers ]

My wife and I have been separated, but not legally; yet. Payments for child care come from her paycheck. I pay her half in a check at the beginning of each month. What is the best choice for tax purposes - to continue paying her half at the beginning of each month, or to begin paying the child's...

Can my 16 yr old daughter leave care and come home [ 6 Answers ]

My 16 yr old daughter wants to leave the care home she is in and come home to me I am OK with this but I am also worried about what social services will do if she does as she is 16 do they have any legal rights over her as I still have parental responsibility

In Texas foster care can a child leave when they are 17 [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is 16 in foster care in Texas I live in louisana she will be 17 in in June can she emancipate her self at 17 out of the system?

18F in care with a baby want to leave but can't. [ 10 Answers ]

OK well to start things off I'm doing a little research for my sister. I'm 21 and grew up in care also. Never had anything wrong against the family I lived with. My sister still lives with the same family. She is currently 18 years old and has a 2 week old baby. She wants to move into her...

View more questions Search