Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jluschen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2013, 08:03 AM
    Should boils on foot from staph infection be drained. They are painful
    My husband has huge painful boils on his feet and between his toes from a staph infection. He is having trouble walking. Should he get these drained or just let the antibiotics take care of it? They seem to be getting bigger, but he has only had about 24 hours of antibiotics...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 8, 2013, 08:04 AM
    You need to follow the advice of the doctor.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Aug 8, 2013, 08:28 AM
    If he has antibiotics then he's seen a doctor. Finish the antibiotic and get the doctor to address the boil if it is still there.

The problem with lancing a boil, or even popping a zit, is that you've opened up a wound on the skin. While a Zit is almost harmless, it can still get infected. A boil on the foot, especially because it is on the foot, should be left alone. There could be a lot more possible infections and more serious ones at that, that could come and it will create a larger wound too.

Just follow the directions your doctor gave you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foot pain side of foot, feels painful but better when I squeeze my foot [ 4 Answers ]

It is midway down my right foot and only foot massage seems to apease it, but itsgetting worse and hurts earlier and earlier each evening. The central point is midway and for the ultimate in relief is to squeeze my feet down the sides, but that also sends me into agony once squeezed, but the long...

Painful recurring staph infection [ 1 Answers ]

My 14 year old daughter has had staph infection four times since April. Twice on her chin, once on her eye and now in her bikini area. The doctor has given her different kinds of antibiotics, but it always seems to come back. What should I do? I'm really worried that it hasn't completely went...

Staph Infection [ 12 Answers ]

Is it rare to die from a Staph Infection? How are you sure if you have one? Because anyone can have a pimple that is red, pus filled and swollen. *EDIT* Is this normal Staph Infection? A furuncle (pronounced: fyoor-un-kul), commonly known as a boil, is a swollen, red, painful lump in...

View more questions Search