Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    artisangilt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2013, 08:00 AM
    How can I make my home décor more eco friendly?
    What are the best products or techniques I can use to ensure minimal carbon foot print in my home décor?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2013, 10:08 AM
    I'd recommend following AL Gores lead... since he's the founder of this movement. His personal carbon footprint is bigger than some third world nations.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 8, 2013, 10:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    I'd recommend following AL Gores lead....since he's the founder of this movement. His personal carbon footprint is bigger than some third world nations.
    Or just wait for a newbie with a seemingly "helpful" link to arrive ;)
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2013, 12:58 PM
    CFL or LED lights, warm water showers, low flush toilets, recycle all your garbage scraps to compost, use newspapers for mulch, grow your own veggies, fans instead of AC, extra blankets instead of heat. The list goes on, some more absurd than others.
    harum Posts: 339, Reputation: 27

Aug 10, 2013, 06:10 PM
    The sooner the oil and coal deposits are burned to the last drop and piece, the earlier people will have to come up with some affordable alternatives. This approach is favored by many; giant carbon footprints will bring us quicker to the bright future.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2013, 04:45 AM
    I think the people that badmouth oil should themselves be legally prohibited from using ANY product or service that uses it in any way shape or form themselves...

We've got oil, gas and coal to last several hundred years... minimum. And that's assuming there are no new discoveries, and there always are.

Ever notice how the people that preach this never practice it any any way? Like Al Gore the mane whoes personal "carbon footprint" is larger then many small nations and get larger all the time.

If he won't take it serious as the defacto spokeman, then why should anyone else.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 29, 2013, 06:04 AM
    ma0641 hit it. It isn't 'decor;' it's how you use it.

I'd dispense with the charts and graphs that measure your carbon footprint. I've been an energy saving freak since before that term was invented, and before Al Gore took up the cause. I keep quiet about it for the most part though. Nobody likes a zealot.

WAIT - what's this about warm water showers??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Does anyone know the way to find and purchase eco-friendly coffee and just pay whole [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Sweden and the price of transport is high. It becomes difficult to manage it at all, should you add this to already expensive costs for eco-friendly coffee!

Where to find Cost Effective and Advantageous Eco Friendly Rugs [ 1 Answers ]

Need durable, cost effective, widely available and also pollution free eco friendly rugs.

Home décor for dummies [ 8 Answers ]

I'm a 22yo bachelor-ette college student, and I live with my younger sister and two cats. My project this summer will be to redecorate our house on a small budget. My grandmother and my mother keep offering me "advice", but it's all too expensive and/or opposite of my tastes (doilies, gag)... ...

DIY/Handmade Home Décor [ 35 Answers ]

I have an eclectic style and want to search some BLOGS to find some fun things to make for my place, and some unique ways of decorating.

View more questions Search